• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GPU prices

Status
Not open for further replies.
OcUK Staff
wow £650 for the FTW 1080 £41 jump no way that leaving the EU puts on £41

No it puts more on!

Around £55 increase on our cost using 1.44 rate!!

So yes such a rate drop has a dramatic impact on pricing. But hey the UK public voted and got what they wanted......

Soldato
What I want to know is when these prices are 'locked'? OCUK haven't paid for the cards yet and most they don't even have in stock. They are changing prices based on TODAYS exchange rate, not necessarily the one they will pay at (which could be better or worse). So when they will actually be paying for these cards and what they rate will be at that point is the question!

Associate
What I want to know is when these prices are 'locked'? OCUK haven't paid for the cards yet and most they don't even have in stock. They are changing prices based on TODAYS exchange rate, not necessarily the one they will pay at (which could be better or worse). So when they will actually be paying for these cards and what they rate will be at that point is the question!

It's irrelevant. The price you see when you buy is the price you'll pay whether the exchange rate increases or decreases.

OcUK Staff

Were not willing to take a gamble, as some forum posters already said the majority of our prices are still better than competitors.

All predictions show the rate continuing to fall, if it does the prices will continue rising and we shall do what we can to remain competitive as this is nationwide in the UK.

Soldato
It's irrelevant. The price you see when you buy is the price you'll pay whether the exchange rate increases or decreases.

Pretty much that...

Not sure how far OCUK can protect prices when it is sale or return based on $ exchange rate.

That wasn't the question. I'm not talking about if you pay. Of course yes, if you do then that's what you will pay. I'm talking about OCUK's pricing, and at what point they expect to be paying for these cards, which as yet aren't even in stock. Until that point, the prices are open to change. However, once they have paid for the cards, that's it, no further reductions are likely even if the £ pound recovers strongly, because they will already have paid for the cards at at the lower rate.

Soldato
That wasn't the question. I'm not talking about if you pay. Of course yes, if you do then that's what you will pay. I'm talking about OCUK's pricing, and at what point they expect to be paying for these cards, which as yet aren't even in stock. Until that point, the prices are open to change. However, once they have paid for the cards, that's it, no further reductions are likely even if the £ pound recovers strongly, because they will already have paid for the cards at at the lower rate.

Pre ordering in unstable times like these is another form of hedging, OCUK will only pay for the card once the card has been assigned a shipping date to a customer. So those with early pre orders are laughing as they will pay less than those now, they will also make it a loss for OCUK.

Associate
I'm just hoping that the exchange rate doesn'y go as bad as some are predicting, some are saying we could see 1.225-1.250 to the pound in the coming weeks if the markets don't stabilise.

Todays run is worrying. :(

Soldato
I'm just hoping that the exchange rate doesn'y go as bad as some are predicting, some are saying we could see 1.225-1.250 to the pound in the coming weeks if the markets don't stabilise.

Todays run is worrying. :(
If it continues, I think it will hit home to many once fuel prices start rising. The price of graphics cards is the least of most peoples worries ATM..

Associate
Regret not ordering a 1070 when the MSI Armor was ~£385 now. I was waiting for the 480 but it's looking more and more like it'll be a let-down after all the hype. Now with the GBP tanking by the minute I might just go for a 1070 today before they go up even more.

Last edited:
Caporegime
The GBP is expected to drop to 1.2 against the USD thanks to the ignorant brexiters.

Prices are only going to increase in the next months as the sterling plumpets and Britain sinks into a recession.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom