• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GPU prices

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
It's shocking that nvidia so blatantly lied, FE edition were to be highly priced so they wouldn't cannibalise their partners sales and manufacturers could make cheaper cards...im not seeing much priced under FE editions on the GTX1070 page. It seems nvidia had a real price point with FE and an imaginary lower price point.

Associate
It's shocking that nvidia so blatantly lied, FE edition were to be highly priced so they wouldn't cannibalise their partners sales and manufacturers could make cheaper cards...im not seeing much priced under FE editions on the GTX1070 page. It seems nvidia had a real price point with FE and an imaginary lower price point.

Tbh the non reference FE 1080s can be cheaper, the sc uses to be but went up since EVGA went off the face of the earth. Though blower ones and the inno3d/kfa2/MS I armor custom cards can be has a good deal cheaper.

Seems 1070 is worse in this regard, which is far more annoying to me since that was the card I wanted. And while the same types of card are cheaper than the FE, (evga was always higher) they're not as low comparatively and stock is sparse. :(:(:(

Nvidia I'm pretty sure wanted a higher FE for more profit margin themselves, not whatever they claimed, but I reckon the money they make from AIB chips is based on the fixed price they sell them at for the MSRP to be hit. So it would seem in their interest for AIB cards to be cheaper.However, with them selling out whatever stock they have anyway I guess it makes no difference at this point anyway. :(

Soldato
Just buy elsewhere if you want the cheapest price I always do. If a place I have brought with is only 1%-3% difference I go their just because I know they are decent but other than that just go to the cheapest place and put loyalty behind you. (Most retailers do this to consumers).

Soldato
Imo the most important thing is how the retailer handles warranty & returns. I know I'm willing to pay 10% extra just so that I know I won't have any hassle from them if things go sour and I have to return the part or send it back if it's faulty. It seems like a lot but frankly time is so much more valuable than the £30-40 I'd "save".

Associate
Imo the most important thing is how the retailer handles warranty & returns. I know I'm willing to pay 10% extra just so that I know I won't have any hassle from them if things go sour and I have to return the part or send it back if it's faulty. It seems like a lot but frankly time is so much more valuable than the £30-40 I'd "save".

My line of thought is pretty much the same.

Caporegime
Only ever had one order without any, next had loads which was nice. Good to see prices sorted out though!

Its the mismatch that gets me. One of the few times i never got haribo was with a £900 order. However I have had 3 bags before with a £4.99 order.

I think it just depends on who is doing the picking.

Soldato
Its the mismatch that gets me. One of the few times i never got haribo was with a £900 order. However I have had 3 bags before with a £4.99 order.

I think it just depends on who is doing the picking.

Ive asked about this. Sometimes its when they dont have any at hand so sometimes just box/tape it up and send it without harribo :(
they do ship thousands of orders a day so just imagine the amount of harribo they go through a day lol.

Soldato

Yes. When I buy something worth £10, an extra tenner for buying from someone reputable is a big deal because the money spent on assurance is reaching parity with the cost of the thing itself. But when I'm buying something worth £200+, paying a bit extra to know that they've actually got it in stock when they say they have it in stock, it will actually arrive when they say it will arrive and that if there are any problems they'll quickly take care of it - that's worth it because you're paying a small fraction of the cost of the item for assurance of what you're getting.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Not looking good, slipped under 1.33 !! :(

Poor AMD, by the time they come out on Wednesday the pound might be under 1.3 and the RX 480 will end up closer to £250 :(

Unless the 480 is better than what the leaks show, £250 will be too much. At that point I may just get a 1070 even though I did not fancy going down that route.

Did AMD get back to you about maybe subsidising the pricing for the UK Gibbo?

Permabanned
Poor AMD, by the time they come out on Wednesday the pound might be under 1.3 and the RX 480 will end up closer to £250 :(

Unless the 480 is better than what the leaks show, £250 will be too much. At that point I may just get a 1070 even though I did not fancy going down that route.

Did AMD get back to you about maybe subsidising the pricing for the UK Gibbo?

And the 1070 isn't subject to the same exchange rate?

Let's not get away from the fact that it isn't an equivalent card.

Some people.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
And the 1070 isn't subject to the same exchange rate?

Let's not get away from the fact that it isn't an equivalent card.

Some people.

Wow, why so sensitive? :eek:

The difference being is that I actually have a 1070 on pre-order at a good price, so that price is locked in and not subject to change.

The 1070/80 launched when the pound was stronger, hence what I am saying is valid. No need to get upset ;)

Besides, my post described my personal feelings about the situation. You are just trying to put words into my mouth.

OcUK Staff
Gibbo PLEASE don't touch the price of the 980 Ti unless you wanna go lower ;) on a serious note don't please just waiting for refund to go back into account! :)

Hi there

Now 1.32, 1.35 was my bottom limit, we've had to increase slightly again. :(

980Ti we are holding for now, fingers crossed we can hold those as practically all the stock is paid for. :)

Soldato
Hi there

Now 1.32, 1.35 was my bottom limit, we've had to increase slightly again. :(

980Ti we are holding for now, fingers crossed we can hold those as practically all the stock is paid for. :)

You are increasing the price assuming you pay this rate (as stock hasn't been paid for yet and you don't even have stock)? When will you pay? When are the cards even coming in, as they're mostly all on pre-order? Seems there's basically a ticking clock and the rate you ACTUALLY pay will determine the final card cost?? So if it gets back up to high 1.30's+ and you end up paying at that rate, prices will drop again, but if you end up paying at 1.32 (or lower), the high price will be stuck (at least for that stock of cards you bought)?

:confused:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom