Gran Turismo 6

kdd

kdd

Soldato
Maybe if you have a wheel and can put up with the awful physics but for me it's not very good. I think Forza gives a better representation of realistic driving. Hopefully 6 will be better.

Lol'ed at this. Moogleys you come across as very noob in terms of skills, go to the Forza thread please.

Soldato
i play both F and GT5 and they're both fantastic :)
GT6 is looking like a meld of the two kind of, hopefully they keep the standard cars out.

kdd

kdd

Soldato
You come across as very childish with this. This is the GT6 thread which I'm interested in so I will stay thanks. :)

OK, but please don't troll this thread with nonsense. Some people are GT fans not people who buy a game, suck at it, blame the game then post hateful carp on forums. Incidentally I completed Forza 3 and 4 and am decent at them they're just nowhere near the standard of GT.

Soldato
I have not posted anything hateful I just voiced my opinion. I loved GT4 and felt 5 was a big letdown for me. I'm hoping 6 will be a more polished 5 with the best bits of 4 added.

kdd

kdd

Soldato
I have not posted anything hateful I just voiced my opinion. I loved GT4 and felt 5 was a big letdown for me. I'm hoping 6 will be a more polished 5 with the best bits of 4 added.

I don't see that personally, GT5 handling was a natural progression from GT4; well improved.

kdd

kdd

Soldato
Yamauchi interview:

Can you explain the game’s new lighting engine in more detail?

It basically means the energy expressed in each one of the pixels is going to be represented more accurately. When the focus on the camera is on a certain item, the blurring and brightness of the area around it and how lights affect the environment will be rendered with more accuracy.

Is there going to be more car customization options? Are you going to be able to swap the engine or put decals on the car?

Both are technically possible, and we might be preparing it (laughs).

Will there be “Standard Cars” in GT6?

We won’t be making all the Standard cars from GT5 into Premium models, and we won’t make all of the GT5′s Standard cars fully “Premiumized”.

Up until now, we used to categorize them as Standard and Premium because there were functional differences between them: some of the Standard models might not have tuning parts, or couldn’t be used in Photo Mode. That will all be cleared so every model can be used in Photo Mode, and every car can have parts fitted for it.

In terms of graphics quality, the bad quality Standard models we’ve updated so they look better.

Will all of the cars have interior views?

No.

(Editor’s note: This apparently does not apply to all of the cars which were listed as “Standard” in GT5. For example, two cars which were prominently featured in the GT6 trailer and its first official batch of screenshots, the Lamborghini Countach LP400 and Alpine A110 1600S, both appeared as Standard cars in GT5 but have apparently been converted to “full” Premium models – with interiors – in GT6.)

While improving the physics model, how do you keep the game accessible to a wide range of players?

I’ve mentioned some of this before but we are improving a lot of the driver assist functions for GT6.

The other thing is that it’s sort of wrong to assume that making it more real will make it more difficult to drive. Everyone here, I am sure you all drive; it’s not that difficult – but people who can drive cars straight suddenly can’t drive in a video game! That’s because the reality isn’t really all there.

Now that we know GT6 is a PlayStation 3 game, can you explain to fans why that is? Do you have any plans for PS4?

We do have plans for PS4, but, of course, we have an order of things.

First we’ll be releasing the PS3 version for the PS3, which has a huge audience already, and we’ll be providing updates every month and DLCs every month.

Once players have played it all out and enjoyed themselves on the PS3, then the PS4 version might come out naturally around that time (laughs). Focus on enjoying the PS3 version.

What’s the reason for the dramatically shorter development time frame for GT6, compared to GT5?

GT5 was really hard to develop, because the PS3 is a really complex piece of hardware, and it was the first time we built anything with an extensive online component.

What was the most complicated thing about developing the first game, and what was the most complicated thing about developing GT6?

It’s hard to look back to GT1 now!

I think the hardest part of GT1 was to make something out of nothing, and to shape it and figure out exactly what a Gran Turismo game was going to be.

The main difference between GT1 and GT6 is the scale of the game, it’s about 100 times bigger in scale. Initially we had 15 people working on the game and now we have 150 working on the game. But i think the one thing that hasn’t changed is that everyone working on it really enjoys the hard work.

Are there other plans to bring the game’s GPS functionality to more real-world cars?

I can’t really talk about it today, but aside from just GPS, we have a lot of different things planned with different manufacturers. I can say you will see a lot of interesting things come up in the months ahead.#
What’s the hardest element to re-create in the game: tire dynamics, suspension behavior, or aerodynamics?

That’s actually the three things that are really mystical about creating the physics in a car racing game. Actually the damper characteristics are one of the most difficult to re-create.

What is it like working with different manufacturers to get their cars in the game?

It’s been twenty years since we started developing the first GT, and it’s been 15 since the release of the first game.

We have a 20 year relationship with car manufacturers all over the world, and I think a lot of people who were involved with the first game in the series are still working at those companies today. Our relationships have become closer and closer, and that has given us a lot more access to the information and access to the automotive world.

Caporegime
Lighting changes make a huge difference. Just look at the difference between Forza 3 and Forza 4, so Gran Turismo 6 will look stunning in that regard.

I'll definitely pick it up, I just hope I don't have buyers remorse like I had after Gran Turismo 5.

kdd

kdd

Soldato
I think some people disliked that GT5 moved away from GT4's very single player centric experience to a more online focus, I don't think GT6 will change that.

Soldato
I think some people disliked that GT5 moved away from GT4's very single player centric experience to a more online focus, I don't think GT6 will change that.

The online was worse than the single player experience though? Was a terrible game looking back at it now.

Soldato
Can't imagine how you would think that, GT5 was a classic. I've played it to death and it's the best racer out there.

SP is a terrible gameplay experience the career mode is a constant slog and having to redo events over and over just to progress is not good enough they tried to fix it but the damage was done for many by that point.

Online seemed like they just knocked it up in a spare half hour, having to txt a mate to join a room was just ridiculous, if you consider it a classic then so be it but you must have very low standards.

Soldato
OK, but please don't troll this thread with nonsense. Some people are GT fans not people who buy a game, suck at it, blame the game then post hateful carp on forums. Incidentally I completed Forza 3 and 4 and am decent at them they're just nowhere near the standard of GT.

He has voiced his opinion, and there are many of us racing fans that feel the same. You seem a bit too aggressive about these criticisms though. It's quite hard to take you seriously.

kdd

kdd

Soldato
SP is a terrible gameplay experience the career mode is a constant slog and having to redo events over and over just to progress is not good enough they tried to fix it but the damage was done for many by that point.

Online seemed like they just knocked it up in a spare half hour, having to txt a mate to join a room was just ridiculous, if you consider it a classic then so be it but you must have very low standards.

I just don't see that tbh. I think GT is more aimed at the sim racer enthusiast rather than the casual gamer. GT has a lot of depth. Tuning, time trials and seasonal events are all very good.

Soldato
I just don't see that tbh. I think GT is more aimed at the sim racer enthusiast rather than the casual gamer. GT has a lot of depth. Tuning, time trials and seasonal events are all very good.

Have spent years playing the likes of GTR, Rfactor etc on PC, I played GT5 with a wheel and while offered a decent simulation it was still lacking.

Anyway let's hope GT6 is a lot more thought out in single player and online.

kdd

kdd

Soldato
He has voiced his opinion, and there are many of us racing fans that feel the same. You seem a bit too aggressive about these criticisms though. It's quite hard to take you seriously.

I just don't want people to spam up this thread with the usual 'I can't play GT sob' posts. Keep it to GT6.

kdd

kdd

Soldato
Have spent years playing the likes of GTR, Rfactor etc on PC, I played GT5 with a wheel and really it was nowhere near the real PC sims.

Anyway let's hope GT6 is a lot more thought out in single player and online.

Played both, you're wrong. Please no more. If you don't like GT go elsewhere.

Back
Top Bottom