Gran Turismo 6

Permabanned
Disappointed its not ps4 starting title.
When GT5 went out i just went into Game and got myself brand new console+gt5 Cause i always loved GT games.

One thing that i totally hated was NO BRAKE UPGRADE option on my Integra.....

I wont buy another ps3 just to play gt6 since i want to get myself PS4 :/

Associate
Complex String needs to come back as a track, although it is a little redundant when you have the Nordschleife, Suzuka, and Cape Ring though.

Soldato
GRAN TURISMO 6 FACTS:

New Game Engine
• Refactoring
• Compact, nimble operation
• Flexible expandability
• A new rendering engine that pushes the limits of the PS3
• Adaptive Tesselation

New Physics Engine
• New suspension and kinematics model
• New tyre model
• New aerodynamics model
• Technical partnership with Yokohama Rubber and KW Automotive

1200 Cars, abundant custom parts, and on-going DLC
• From historic cars to the latest racing cars, the game contains a total of 1200 cars.
• Multiple aerodynamic parts and custom wheels will be available for almost all cars.
• Players can create their own personalised custom car in the game.
• Cars will be continually added online

33 locations, 71 layouts
• 33 Locations and 71 layouts will be provided from day1 (7 more locations and 19 more layouts than GT5)
• More new tracks will continue to be provided online

New Course Maker
• Massive scenery spanning several tens of square kilometers
• A new course generation algorithm

Community/Club/Race Organizer
• Players can form their own communities
• Various community levels from local and domestic to global
• Players themselves can create and manage their own online events

New User Interface
• Balancing directional key operation and touch operation
• Quick response
• Shortening of loading times

Multi Device Compatibility
• PlayStation®
• Smart Phone
• Tablet
• PC

Also I like the GPS idea for the course maker, drive around a track/town/local macyDs and upload to GT6 then it auto creates a track using the GPS route you have driven. So sounds just like GT5 to me then..

kdd

kdd

Soldato
Think they lost any investment that long term GT fans had with the series with GT5 - I think like most Ill wait til the game is out, dont trust trailers, wont trust demos and wont trust Prologues.

PD just dont deserve any slack, they impressed me how well they sat on their laurels and produced a game so far from any fans expectations. The best service I can do is to ignore that GT5 existed when this game comes out...

ps3ud0 :cool:

all GT fans love GT5, check GT planet. GT is a massively popular series, it has a massive community that is impressive considering it is a nearly 3 year old game. GT6 will be a massive seller which is why a sequel has been commissioned.

Associate
If this was the lead up to GT5's launch, I'd say such a video is kinda meaningless, as it's prerendered using the game's assets, and the console would never be able to achieve that kind of image quality in real-time.

However, there is a chance GT6 is coming to PS4, in which case this video has some relevance. They wouldn't be able to achieve this image quality on PS4 either, but it would be much much closer.

Caporegime
all GT fans love GT5, check GT planet. GT is a massively popular series, it has a massive community that is impressive considering it is a nearly 3 year old game. GT6 will be a massive seller which is why a sequel has been commissioned.
Well ask yourself this, you gonna preorder it? Because pre-GT5 I would have as soon as preorders came up, not even going to pick this up at launch til I see others here enjoying it...

That was really my point, anything GT was an automatic purchase, GT5 undid all that for me and I suspect others are just as shy after being bitten. PD throw numbers and quantities about their game, none of it means it will be fun to play, PD just seemed to forgot about that...
Its not going to launch on the PS4, thats why evolution is making Drive club for the PS4. PD have said that they are looking into bringing it to the PS4 at some point, it all of course could be smoke and mirrors for an E3 announcment.
Probably more interested in Drive Club than GT6 at the moment, make a decent car club driving sim and youll be on to a winner...

ps3ud0 :cool:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom