Gran Turismo 6

GT5 was a classic. I've played it to death and it's the best racer out there.

Is GT5 really considered a "classic"? It's a good game, but too flawed, and not worthy of the title IMO.

I'd like to play GT6, hopefully there will be a way of playing it on PS4 at some point as I sold my PS3 a while back.

They should have just released this as an expansion or patch for GT5.
I don't see the point in it tbh, GT6 should be PS4 only simples.

I was always a GT fan until I bought my xbox and realised what I'd been missing. GT may just about have the edge when it comes to handling but everything else about it like the menu system just feels so dated.
Most of all the sound in the GT games has always been a big disappointment then simple things like that horrible aliasing you get with the smoke effects.

I'll be waiting for a completely new PS4-only game and not something that could have been done as a patch or a £10-£15 expansion.

They should have just released this as an expansion or patch for GT5.
I don't see the point in it tbh, GT6 should be PS4 only simples.

I was always a GT fan until I bought my xbox and realised what I'd been missing. GT may just about have the edge when it comes to handling but everything else about it like the menu system just feels so dated.
Most of all the sound in the GT games has always been a big disappointment then simple things like that horrible aliasing you get with the smoke effects.

I'll be waiting for a completely new PS4-only game and not something that could have been done as a patch or a £10-£15 expansion.

A £10-15 expansion these days is a few cars or 30 mins of gameplay, not 50+ new tracks, 500+ new cars and a whole new game engine.

Have to admit Im not impressed.

Some cars clearly sound nothing like their real counterparts. This is my biggest issue with the game. Second is the fact that standard cars will still feature in the next game..... Despite this I know I'll still end up purchasing it lol.

Surely they'd release it on both? It would be pretty stupid of them to not have it as a release title for PS4:confused:

The thing is though GT6 development may have started ages ago so it kinda makes sense (at least on some levels) for them to stick with the original target platform rather than redo half the work to make it PS4-worthy and then rush it out for release. If they had the distraction of PS4 it may have hampered their efforts to create a great game.

That said, GT is arguably the biggest exclusive franchise Sony has so no doubt they will be disappointed and looking for someone else to step up (Final Fantasy, Uncharted, God of War & Metal Gear Solid are probably the only ones in remotely the same ballpark).

edit: regarding the car handling, I'm caught in two minds. On the one hand, I think it is great to have variety in handling as some games are very much of a muchness with very little character or personality behind the cars. On the other, it can be frustrating in GT5 when you pick a car based on the PP rating and find the steering is like trying to push a tank with a feather. It kinda feels like the PP rating is too biased in favour of BHP or whatever i.e. for a given PP rating often the better car will be the one with the less horsepower (depending a bit on the track of course i.e. not ones with lots of long straights etc) although at the bottom end it changes a bit i.e. you tune a fairly standard road car to 400pp and find that 150bhp is a bit powerpuff! For what it's worth I quite enjoy how the Gallardo (really surprised to read how it is disliked on other forums!) and Pikes Peak Audi Quattro handle.

Last edited:
PS4 will get a GT game, they need to really do something very good as xbox one will have Sony with turn 10's forza 5 on xbox one right up against it.

TBH MS have in fact got one right over on Sony regarding racing games with Forza, its the only reason I'd ever try and get a cheap 360, as Forza is an excellent series. GT5 was a bit of a let down, GT6 needs to address quite a bit.

Fingers crossed GT6 is a good swansong for PS3.

Back
Top Bottom