Gran Turismo 7

Soldato
I comfortably got gold with a 1.28.7** or so. Don’t recall how many laps I did to achieve it, 10-15 perhaps. Don’t think the Skyline suited Red Bull Ring much..

I’ve still been playing through this most days since buying it in June. Got all golds in the license tests and all gold in missions bar the hour long races (I’ll do them eventually).

Spend most time in Sport mode now and do pretty well (sometimes even from starting at the back as I hadn’t set a qualying lap time).

Did the 15 lap Gr.3 race last night using the Mustang (liking this for Gr.3 at the moment). Won against nearly all 911 RSR by ~8 seconds to then get a 1 minute penalty.. I mustn’t have used two tyre compounds during the race so I was most annoyed! :p

I’ve set gold for the new Lap Time Challenge using the Gr.4 Mustang. GTR yet again the fastest car for this car class so I’ll try that and probably set a very strong gold :rolleyes:
Are you on wheel CF?

Soldato
No just a standard controller (playing on a PS4 Slim). Would love a really good sim racing setup but don’t have room, time or the funds :p
Funny you should mention this.
I bought the PS5 solely for GT7.
I can safely say I got my moneys worth out of this single game and coughing up the £500 quid it cost to play this game.

But a part of me always has me thinking... this game would be good to play on a wheel :)

I did previously have a CSL DD wheel which I did sell on because of space limitations and time...

However I did recently purchase a G29 which is brand new and untouched in the box.
So I thought, what the hell, let me buy one of those collapsible racing seats from NLR.

So thats what I did... and I am waiting to hook it all up.

And once I am done and the 3 little kids want to invade my office, I can fold it away and put it into a cupboard somewhere!

(thats the theory at least :D)

Associate
I'll upgrade to a PS5 if/when they make a revised version. I'll probably only play GT7 and maybe an F1 title or two on it
:p

I've heard good things about the NLR seats, something I may consider buying in the future along with a decent wheel. Shame you're returning yours. Will you keep the G29?

Good work getting into the 1:46's. I tried setting a time with the GTR but I just couldn't string a good lap together (granted I'd had a couple of beers and it was late at night
:D
). My best time so far is with the Mustang (1:47.4** I think).

I'll have another go later with the GTR and see what I can do
:)

Soldato
Yes I will keep the G29.
The NLR seat is good but its quite a bit bulky.
Ive opted for a cheapy affair on Amazon that seems to be reasonable and folds quite nicely.
I'll tether it to my gaming chair with a couple of luggage straps.

Regarding the lap... I think I can squeeze another half a second.... but its just trying to hook it up thats the problem...

And even then.. still more than 2 seconds off the fastest lap time.

I would love to know how people set their times, whether on wheel or pad... at least you then know what is your limitation...

Soldato
I've run some laps on the new time trial now, best so far is 1:47.1 (1:46.6 -Opt).

I can make up 0.4 before the long downhill section as it wasn't the greatest lap, but only just getting used to going through the Death chicane at over 120mph again. I'll see if I need to improve or not later in the week.

It's been a while since I ran daily races on this track, I think GR4 here was the first time I got into A/S.

Soldato
I would love to know how people set their times, whether on wheel or pad... at least you then know what is your limitation...

I have a CSL Elite in a Sim-Lab GT1-EVO rig. I'm not that fast (generally about .5 off Spaceman who uses a pad) but I don't really jump on as much as I should but my laps are generally consistent which is probably easier to do with a wheel.

I haven't been on GT7 for 2/3 weeks now as I hurt my back at the gym and my seat is doesn't really help it!

Might have a look this weekend though before the F1.

Soldato
Well I bought this game for ps5 last week for a whopping £52, the most money I've ever spent on a video game.

Having ranted about the price, it's a good game and reminds me of the original. I did the B licence and suggested tracks and missions, and am now at the stage where I need to do the A licence. Rather than doing the A licence, I've gone back through the B licence tests and got all gold, and gone through all the tracks so far and got 1st place. I've also got all golds on the first set of missions. There's a couple of the second set of missions where I only have silver, so once I get gold on those I'll do a few races for fun and will move onto the A licence.

Must rinse out every bit of value in this game!

Soldato
I’ve not done many races at all, just focusing on golds in all licences :D
Got as far as IA8 so far.
Quite liked getting the electric Porsche as a reward for IB all gold as I’ve not read up on rewards at all!

Soldato
I’ve not done many races at all, just focusing on golds in all licences :D
Got as far as IA8 so far.
Quite liked getting the electric Porsche as a reward for IB all gold as I’ve not read up on rewards at all!

My thinking is to do easy races while doing easy licences and build up rather than being able to complete very difficult licences and then afterwards going back to do easy races.

Each to their own though!

Associate
I started playing gt7 this week on ps5, it's definitely a big step up from gt sport (for single player anyway). I've got the first 3 licenses done (not all gold yet) and upto collectors level 14. After todays update is there any quick ways to make credits. I'm addicted to tuning my cars - it's an expensive hobby!

Soldato
I think the quickest way is was Sardegna WTC 800. Use a Gr2 car detuned to 800pp and fuel save to make it a 1 stop race. It takes 25 minutes for 727k with a clean race bonus.

I’ve not seen anything post patch suggesting there’s faster way. Though I’ve not really been looking either so there might be.

Soldato
Nice! Hell of a lap that, I spent a good hour last night trying to beat it but couldn’t even beat my own time :p

I’ve just set a 1:46.252 though :cool:
No no no no.... get back on your controller son.

1:46:0X :D

(gutted I didnt make it into the 1:45s... I know its possible!)
No where near that time, I'm in silver currently.

It's funny how much you start resenting your own ghost car :D

Are you kidding? Ive been tempted to smash my monitor because of my own ghost.

Back
Top Bottom