*** Grand Theft Auto IV - The Official Thread ***

Soldato
Installed this yesterday and "DAYUM" its still noisy as hell, I didn't know every other game was so graphically inferior as not to make as much noise? The fans just got progressively worse which ended up with it sounding just like the disk was spinning.

Please, for the love of all things, tell me you are not that ignorant?

Installed this yesterday and "DAYUM" its still noisy as hell, I didn't know every other game was so graphically inferior as not to make as much noise? The fans just got progressively worse which ended up with it sounding just like the disk was spinning.

Got a bit miffed off at my phonje ringing (in game) about 6 times in 3 minutes and decided not to bother (it was late last night). Maybe I will get back in to it but I dont know yet - still to complete it, seems like a chore :s

Your xbox is knackered mate. I cant even tell mines on when running GTA from the HDD, the loading times are great. I hang up on the phone and just free roam and then do some missions.

They need to get back to basics, GTA4 wasn't very fun to play as they'd took all the best bits of SA out (planes, big landscape etc) and added more pointless fluff.

Its the first GTA on next gen, look at GTA 3, and GTA 1.

Basic games showing what the games engine can do. Next they will take the engine, create a story and city (easy for them) and focus on new interesting features.

I was impressed by the game and dont compare it to San Andreas.

Soldato
Its the first GTA on next gen, look at GTA 3, and GTA 1.

Basic games showing what the games engine can do. Next they will take the engine, create a story and city (easy for them) and focus on new interesting features.

I was impressed by the game and dont compare it to San Andreas.

Agreed.

People don't seem to realise that if you put all your eggs in one basket you'll inevitably shot yourself in the foot and people will hate you as the sequel will be exactly the same and you added no new features.

What we've learned is that everyone loves to moan. :D

Associate
Your xbox is knackered mate. I cant even tell mines on when running GTA from the HDD, the loading times are great. I hang up on the phone and just free roam and then do some missions.

Maybe it is :(
Last night my screen went all disco francisco windows media player visualisation style on me whilst playing L4D. Restarted and had a single red light so unplugged and plugged back in and it works fine now. Only had it about 5 months! Hope its not the beginning of some problems!

Does anyone know if I bought my Xbox from a store and it messed up I can take it back and switch it rather than sending it off etc etc?

Please, for the love of all things, tell me you are not that ignorant?

Eh?

Last edited:
Caporegime
Maybe it is :(
Last night my screen went all disco francisco windows media player visualisation style on me whilst playing L4D. Restarted and had a single red light so unplugged and plugged back in and it works fine now. Only had it about 5 months! Hope its not the beginning of some problems!

Does anyone know if I bought my Xbox from a store and it messed up I can take it back and switch it rather than sending it off etc etc?

Eh?

Take it back to the shop, most should swap it for you on the spot considering you have had it for 5 months.. Any red lights are not good tbh. I think (but am not certain) that the internal fans in 360 get louder as it gets hotter. If yours are getting louder while playing a game installed to HDD and you noticed the noise, plus you get graphics corruption, I think it is overheating something (maybe GPU?).

rp02000

Actually shops get thier stock on Tuesdays and Fridays i think, one of the reasons why some online retaliers can send out preorders on Tuesdays.

U.S release is Tuesday.

UK release for games is Friday - unless a worldwide release date which happens rarely. Shops can have stock anywhere from 7 days in advance to 1 day before. It depends... however some companies ship games out early and customers receive early etc.

I remember receiving crackdown on Monday as the shop received it in Sunday and shipped it out that night. I couldnt believe it. I saw the money had left my account on Sunday night. Next thing i know its on my doorstep when i go home Monday evening. It wasnt out until Friday..... and i was the only one playing it on Xbox Live

Last edited:
Caporegime
I'm at 94% now, done everything other than take all my friends out.

Im just going through it now but it seems odd its worth 6% of the game?

Cheers

Caporegime
I'm at 94% now, done everything other than take all my friends out.

Im just going through it now but it seems odd its worth 6% of the game?

Cheers

Ok I did all the friends and now Im stuck at 99%, I knew there was at least one random person left as I saw him when being nice to my friends :p

However I just found him and did his mission - no move on 99%.

Ive done Quebed and the no strangers achievement, all the cars, all the races (have 20 race achievement too).

What things are worth 1%?

Cheers

Caporegime
I found another random guy so I am now at 99.5%.

Now to find the last one (I have done all the ones required for the 'no strangers' achievement)

Caporegime
Finally got the key to the city 100% achievement last night, took me 60 hours in all and I didn't really rush. Currently have 895 points on this, just in time for the add-on! :)

I'm on about 65hours, just need that damn last random person for the remaining 0.5%.

Caporegime
Ive been everywhere the random people are 3 times. Still cant find the missing one for the last 0.5%.

I have definately done all the friends activities too. :(

Back
Top Bottom