Greenlizard0 Premier League Football Thread ** spoilers ** [19th - 21st October 2024]

Yeah it's all split second stuff but Silva was backing into the goalie whilst offside.
You can't be offside from a corner. At the point of Stones' header, Silva isn't in contact with Sa nor is he in his line of vision.

There's contact there, but it's minimal and certainly far less contact on the goalkeeper than if there was a bunch of players around him.

Not really sure what the problem with the goal is - just seems to be people who don't want City to win grabbing a straws with this one...

That’s the expectation though, it will just be funny if they don’t

Going forward it’s still probably ****** though
If I’m honest and looking at the emails and other evidence that’s available in the public domain, the PL seem to have them bang to rights and I think they will be found guilty. I’m still in 2 minds about what the punishment should be though, people are saying they should be demoted to league 1, I personally don’t think that would be enough, as all they would do is send their top players out on loan to their sister clubs for a few years and they would be back competing in 3 years, my punishment would be a 40 point deduction every season they are found guilty ie 6 guilty seasons, 6 seasons start with a 40 point deduction, which would ensure they didn’t qualify for Europe which would hurt them more.

Last edited:
If I’m honest and looking at the emails and other evidence that’s available in the public domain, the PL seem to have them bang to rights and I think they will be found guilty. I’m still in 2 minds about what the punishment should be though, people are saying they should be demoted to league 1, I personally don’t think that would be enough, as all they would do is send their top players out on loan to their sister clubs for a few years and they would be back competing in 3 years, my punishment would be a 40 point deduction every season they are found guilty ie 6 guilty seasons, 6 seasons start with a 40 point deduction, which would ensure they didn’t qualify for Europe which would hurt them more.
If City are found guilty of cheating in any past season, then that means countless clubs and players have lost money and trophies. They would then sue and the whole thing would rumble on for decades. Very tricky situation all round.

The other defender's are all behind Jota when the foul begins, hence he is the last man.

If they are likely to catch him or not isn't in consideration (and I don't think they do without a foul anyway)

Back
Top Bottom