Greenlizard0 Premier League Football Thread ** spoilers ** [30/31 Dec 23 1/2 Jan 24]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Much worse than last season?

We beat man city this season and went to anfield and got a draw two things we wouldnt of done last season

Also got a better defensive record this season

Only diff this season is were not banging in the goals

Saka and martinelli are not how they were last season

Saying were much worse than last season is stupid

You don't get more points for beating Man City - you have to be consistent.

10 points less than last season is "much worse" if you want to win the title.

We beat man city this season and went to anfield and got a draw two things we wouldnt of done last season
you drew at Anfield last season 2-2, and needed a brown envelope to change hands this year to get the draw :p
Also got a better defensive record this season
Youve conceded more goals this season than last, thats not better.
Saying were much worse than last season is stupid
10 points worse off

Last edited:
Whats the point in having players like Smith Rowe and Nelson at the club? Two attacking players who are not even used when the team can't get a single shot on target or create any decent chances. If they are not used now then they never will be, might as well get rid. Nketiah also needs to go, hes offering nothing anymore.

Even though I prefer Ramsdale, might as well sell him if hes not going to play and put towards someone who can actually score a goal. Would prefer they got rid of Raul but that's not likely to happen.

Partey might as well go as well, rest of the season he will either be injured or at cup of nations, getting paid for doing nothing.

The build up is so slow now other teams just sit behind the ball until Arsenal give it away, its just not working, most teams have the measure on that now, will be a battle for top 4 with this squad and lack of goals.

Last edited:
Whats the point in having players like Smith Rowe and Nelson at the club? Two attacking players who are not even used when the team can't get a single shot on target or create any decent chances. If they are not used now then they never will be, might as well get rid. Nketiah also needs to go, hes offering nothing anymore.
Thats one of the few things I genuinely think Arteta struggles with. He only uses these players as last minute throws of the dice or in dead rubber meaningless games, both of which give them virtually no chance at showing what they can do in the first team.

Ramsdale and ESR need to be sold asap, they're never getting back in the team for a decent run, it's clear Arteta doesn't rate them so all they're doing is losing value on the bench.

We're worse, we're not playing as good football as last season and our forward players are all contributing less. Without someone banging some goals in we're no way near challenging. We are still in the race though and if we can find some of last seasons form then I think we'll push to the end.

We're worse, we're not playing as good football as last season and our forward players are all contributing less. Without someone banging some goals in we're no way near challenging. We are still in the race though and if we can find some of last seasons form then I think we'll push to the end.
I think Ivan Toney's price tag has gone up on the back of the last few Arsenal results...

There will come a season when they don't win though, this season is as good as any to make that call, i'd be gobsmacked if they run away with it
Define run away with it. How many points do you have City winning the league by?

City have been poor too. I don't see them winning it at all. I think the top three will be close and I don't know who pips them but they are nowhere near the team they were when they strung together win after win.

You mean the guy who took Arsenal from a joke to comfortably in the top 4 and challenging for the title last season? United fans should be crying out for an Arteta

kI3SgQG.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom