Greenlizard0 Premier League Football Thread ** spoilers ** [31st Aug - 1st September 2024]

do you not realise how bad that is though. At this stage of the game?

Team collapsing.
Team not fit.
Team has no tactics.
Team waiting on injured prone players to be fit.
Team still needs a pre season

De Ligt and Martinez have played a handful of games together. In fact Liverpool was their first start together. How many times have Konate and VVD played together?
Quick google shows de light and martinez have played together 65 times, which is more than konate and vvd :p
Man United are still finding their feet and essentially doing their pre season now.
He's into his 3rd season!! Slots been here 3 games...

I look forward to saying you are still in your preseason come Xmas, guess its your new 'its the injuries' excuse :cry:

Quick google shows de light and martinez have played together 65 times, which is more than konate and vvd :p

He's into his 3rd season!! Slots been here 3 games...

I look forward to saying you are still in your preseason come Xmas, guess its your new 'its the injuries' excuse :cry:

How have Martinez and De Ligt played 65 games together!? They have played 3. Martinez came into Ajax when De Ligt left. De Ligt most likely knows more about his opponents than Martinez playing 30 times with VVD.

ETH is in his third season but he has a bunch of new players who have had no pre season together. How hard is that for you to understand?

Last edited:
I'm not a fan of ETH but literally cannot be bothered to go down that rabbit hole again...

Next game is away at Southampton.

If we don't get anything away there then I don't think anyone can defend ETH despite what has been listed above^

So ironically, for ETH at least, away at Southampton is a big game!

And I never in my life thought I would be writing that about United :eek:

I'm not a fan of ETH but literally cannot be bothered to go down that rabbit hole again...

Next game is away at Southampton.

If we don't get anything away there then I don't think anyone can defend ETH despite what has been listed above^

So ironically, for ETH at least, away at Southampton is a big game!

And I never in my life thought I would be writing that about United :eek:

They are going to scrape it 1-0. Play crap, fluke a win, and then he will say it is a step in the right direction.

ETH is in his third season but he has a bunch of new players who have had no pre season together. How hard is that for you to understand?
Because its an another excuse in a long list of excuses, no team had a preseason as such. Your midfield is the same one that played the entirety of last season together and yet there was the usual holes all over the place same as last season, what's the excuse for that one? lack of a preseason or injuries? Or do you honestly believe that ugarte is going to come in and magically fix it? What happens when he gets injured or suspended, back to the same dysfunctional 3?

Last edited:
Because its an another excuse in a long list of excuses, no team had a preseason as such. Your midfield is the same one that played the entirety of last season together and yet there was the usual holes all over the place same as last season, what's the excuse for that one? lack of a preseason or injuries? Or do you honestly believe that ugarte is going to come in and magically fix it? What happens when he gets injured or suspended, back to the same dysfunctional 3?

It doesn't matter if no team has had a preseason. If you have new players they need time to bed in and work. You are never going to compete against a team like Liverpool who are well oiled and know what to do. Especially against a fresh new manager who hasn't been figured out yet.

You are expecting United to be at Liverpool's level when they are clearly not yet and will not be for a while at least. Regardless of whether ETH is there or not.

Last edited:
It doesn't matter if no team has had a preseason. If you have new players they need time to bed in and work. You are never going to compete against a team like Liverpool who are well oiled and know what to do. Especially against a fresh new manager who hasn't been figured out yet.

You are expecting United to be at Liverpool's level when they are clearly not yet and will not be for a while at least. Regardless of whether ETH is there or not.
I'm expecting you to have a coherent playstyle well into a managers 3rd season.

Out of interest where did you have us coming before the season started? Im willing to bet you would have had us down as struggling with a new manager coming in, but all of a sudden that's now irrelevant.

Back
Top Bottom