Greenlizard0 Premier League Football Thread ** spoilers ** [31st Aug - 1st September 2024]

Where does the belief come from? What has ten hag done that gives you any sort of hint that he knows what he is doing? You seem to be hoping that because you've spent a bit of cash (yet again) that things will work out because thats what happens to other teams with good managers.

I believe after ten years of having world class managers that there is far more wrong at the club than the manager. This summer has seen more open heart surgery than any other in my opinion. A lot of gruff has been offloaded and signings we actually need have been brought in. Although there is still a long way to go. Do I think ETH has made mistakes? Of course, especially with some signings which cost way too much than they should have but do I think he is the issue? No.

If you take ETH C.V before he came into Man Utd vs Slots he has the far better one. Slot couldn't qualify out of the Champions League group stage and couldn't win back to back Dutch titles despite managing one of the big three in Holland even during a period with Ajax in tatters. ETH won every dutch title bar his first season, got Ajax to a champions league semi dispatching Real and Juve on the way and was unlucky not to get into the final. Lost a load of players, rebuilt the team and qualified out of his group with maximum points and a +15 goal difference. Fastest manager in Ajax history to 100 wins and look at their managerial history.

It is easy to be a biased fan but if you swapped the roles of ETH and Slot last weekend the result would have been exactly the same.

It is easy to be a biased fan but if you swapped the roles of ETH and Slot last weekend the result would have been exactly the same.
I think if another manager had been appointed at man utd in 2022 and spent 600million the performance would be totally different. Anyway, enough of this continuous round and round discussion, always good to see you lot brought crashing down to earth after winning the transfer window and turning a corner (ooh deja vu). Heres to another 3 more years to ten hag ball eh :)

Here's your manager being schooled by a reporter after the loss

Last edited:
Anyone heard the interview between ten hag and alex crook from talksport after the game?

Ten hag talks about player mentality and crooky asks him about the mentality and ten hag says “i never said mentality”

And crooky says “you did you just said it twice” :cry:

Like adam saying he wasnt talking about the bayern new boys specifically when he literally few posts earlier specifically pointed them out

I wish I had as much confidence in anything, as adam does in United :(

There's only so many excuses you can throw out until you get to the decision the whole club is in a state, surely? The United of old are nowhere to be seen, and won't be for an exceedingly long time. I don't see much benefit of changing Ten Hag, until a better squad is assembled.

you really do just make it up as you go along

No I do not. Go back and re-read my posts. I only mentioned that Martinez and De Ligt played 3 games together. @The_One seemed to think they had played 65 games together. :confused:

No where did I say that De Ligt and Mazraoui hadn't played together before. What I did say is that they have had no pre season with United which is true.

Last edited:
No I do not. Go back and re-read my posts. I only mentioned that Martinez and De Ligt played 3 games together. @The_One seemed to think they had played 65 games together. :confused:

No where did I say that De Ligt and Mazraoui hadn't played together before. What I did say is that they have had no pre season with United which is true.
Martinez and De Ligt arent v good though, what are you expecting them to do?

the anointed one soon, very soon..

31255a40-412d-11ef-900e-0b9765b55499.jpg

Back
Top Bottom