Greenlizard0 Weekend Football Thread ** spoilers ** [10 - 11th November 2012]

Caporegime
We got rather lucky before half time with Terry going off and Mata's miss but we more than matched them in the second half thanks to a great tactical change by Rodgers. Suso as the spearhead of the midfield three worked quite well.

Suarez is God Mk2, Torres is Emile Heskey Mk2 :)

Soldato
I love this Chevrolet ad they've started showing. It's so painfully American it's hilarious.

Suso's got to start behind Suarez from here on, at least until January. Got it in him to be absolutely brilliant.

Caporegime
di-3NYQ.gif

Can't help but cringe

Caporegime
Solid second half perfromance from Liverpool, a good point and a lot of positives.
Three tough games in a row with Everton away, Newcastle and Chelsea today and three points. Bit of luck and some better finishing and we could've walked away with 7. Definitely moving in the right direction but until we address our scoring problems we're 100% reliant on Suarez which is worrying.

Caporegime
"YES GET IN!! Right guys?! Guys....**** it YEAH!" lmao, love that man. A bit bewildered why no one celebrated with him? Eagerness to restart?

After winning there the past 3 games in a row probably.

Or congratulating Carragher who fully deserved it for a great flick on and not many assists/goals he gets.

Associate
Three tough games in a row with Everton away, Newcastle and Chelsea today and three points. Bit of luck and some better finishing and we could've walked away with 7. Definitely moving in the right direction but until we address our scoring problems we're 100% reliant on Suarez which is worrying.

This, but I have faith we will address some of our problems in January, mainly LB cover and some attacking options. If we do, we could push for 4th if the next 6/7 weeks go well. We have got all the "tough" games out of the way, the next 7/8 fixtures, we have to get a lot of wins from. We really do.

Soldato
Interesting bit from Hoddle on 5-3-2. As he says, it's definitely a useful option to have.

Don't feel that it plays into the hands of Sterling, Allen, or Gerrard though, which is a problem.

Don
Much better performance after the change. Gerrard dropped off and helped Allen out and Suso done more on his own than both Gerrard and Sahin had done all first half. Johnson and Suso were our stand out players but a special mention has to go to Carra too, he gets a lot of unfair stick from our own fans and he barely put a foot wrong today.

Oh and Quinn is obviously a troll - Enrique man of the match? :o
Going from a nutter to devastated that no one came with him haha

I think it was more fear that nobody celebrated because he was offside.

Caporegime
Very disappointed with Sahin after a blinding first few games. Not sure if it's because he's playing in the advanced role which doesn't appear to suit him or if he's just lazy but I wouldn't be rushing to the owners for the money to sign him unless he improves dramatically.

Edit: Picture of Terry's leg straight after the impact doesn't look healthy.

Last edited:
Don
I think it's the position. His best performances have come when he's played either alongside Allen or in place of Allen. Agree though that I wouldn't be in a rush to buy him, unless he was going relatively cheap anyway.

I mentioned it after the Anzhi game and he's backed up my view with his cameo today - Suso's got to be playing in the most advanced role of our 3 man midfield.

Caporegime
Not sure why people are banging on about Suso, he came on and consistently gifted the ball to Chelsea for the first 10-15 mins and didn't do an awful lot after that. Change in system had LIverpool playing better, nothing to do with Suso, but it was mostly Chelsea's ineptitude that got them a point. Chelsea walked into the final third with ease(as did Liverpool) with neither midfield doing much of anything except picking up really bad passes when they happened, which was a lot. Chelsea in the final third though, couldn't pick out people in the box at all, it was always cut back too much, too little, an little flick that was under or over hit.

Oscar again just got most of the important final flicks wrong, he did work fairly hard but ultimately when it came to the killer pass or shot, he was very poor.

Suarez, well another dive, another kick out, another potential red card he manages to not get. He also managed to, when offside basically every single time, turn and applaude the linesman as if it was his fault. The two major things that stick out was the clear as day kick at Ivanovic in Chelsea's left corner about 2 ft from the linesman, Suarez gave up on the ball, and so clearly gave him a little kick, nothing major just wanted to tap him. Ended up a corner when it was clearly a freekick and for me, should have been a yellow.

He then tried to get Ivanovic booked(for like the 8th time) by clearly diving in which the ref didn't give the freekick, so didn't think it was a foul, and didn't book Suarez despite him complaining about it being a foul. Same old Suarez then, same old Quinn to, absolutely no idea what was going on, talking crap throughout the game and being painful to listen to.

Lastly, Redknapp at half time actually making sense :o (maybe it was full time), basically saying he laughs about this new "philosophy" that Rodgers has bought in, both as if LIverpool haven't been a passing side for decades, and as if Rodgers is the only manager in the UK using this crazy new spanish system. After Redknapp laughed at Hoddle's harping on about a great system , Hoddle tried to back track and say, its more of a new shape with an old system, with fullbacks getting further forward like the Spanish do.... sure, because Risse, Arbeloa, and every other full back in the league don't get as far forward as Enrique or Johnson/wisdom/whoever.

The fawning over this make belief new system/formation/shape/philosophy Rodger's brings has been laughable and painful since he was made their manager.

Back
Top Bottom