Greenlizard0 Weekend Football Thread ** spoilers ** [13th - 17th October 2017]

Man of Honour
This is why I didn't get excited after our performances in recent games, this next month or two would be the real indicator of progress. And if today is anything to go by, we're still terrible

I know Liverpool were missing Mane, but Bailly and Pogba would have made a big difference for us in this sort of game.

I agree though, it's still early days for all teams.

The players didn't seem to be putting in the same level of effort as the Liverpool ones.

Tbh he committed two ridiculous fouls and missed your only chance,a good one at that of the game. He was really bad

I'm not saying he was good, at all, but the whole team were woeful.

Caporegime
If Bailly was playing you probably wouldn't even got majority of those chances
Pogba would have dominated that midfield today if he was fit

Saleh and Ox are the same player from different nations - Saleh looked great today because Utd were so poor

Neither team really deserved to win - you had two decent chances at home against a team playing that badly

Pogba has done nothing in the midfield against us historically so I doubt it, also Mane gets 6x the chances if he played. (That's how this works right?)

Fellaini makes a way bigger difference for how you play whether you like it or not

Don
I'm not saying he was good, at all, but the whole team were woeful.
It was not a performance issue, it was the way you set-up. Exactly the same as last season, pack the defence and hope for the best with a long ball up to Lukaku. You can't expect your midfield to create chances when their main focus is to defend.

Man of Honour
You can't say with certainty Pogba would have dominated the midfield, but with Matic and Herrera alongside him I think the game would have looked very different. All ifs and buts, maybe Mane would have ripped us to bits, etc.

It was not a performance issue, it was the way you set-up. Exactly the same as last season, pack the defence and hope for the best with a long ball up to Lukaku. You can't expect your midfield to create chances when their main focus is to defend.

To me it looked like we struggled to pass the ball at all, it wasn't always hit long, it was hit long because the passing was dreadful.

I would hope Mourinho would set us up defensively and play on the counter, that's the most logical way of winning against this sort of team, but we didn't look solid or assured at all.

Soldato
Excellent result considering how utterly dire we were.

We really missed Pogba there, nobody was able to keep hold of the ball and get it forward.

Hard to complain too much about Lukaku as he had barely any service.

And bailly, Jones and smalling both together spread a nervousness throughout the team.

I’m just going to put that performance to the international break, players looked fatigued and lacklustured.

Don
To me it looked like we struggled to pass the ball at all, it wasn't always hit long, it was hit long because the passing was dreadful.

I would hope Mourinho would set us up defensively and play on the counter, that's the most logical way of winning against this sort of team, but we didn't look solid or assured at all.
Everything is relative. How can you expect your attacking players to influence the game when they're not in our half? The only time you're creative players were getting on the ball was when they were chasing long balls hit into the channels.
well considering he is CLEARLY our best midfielder, it would have a considerable positive effect on our performance
That doesn't mean he would have dominated the game.

Lallana, Clyne and Mane would have improved our side too. I'm deciding that Clyne would have dominated your wingers, Lallana would have been all over your midfield and Mane would have score 15 goals. #FrankLogic

Back
Top Bottom