Greenlizard0 Weekend Football Thread ** spoilers ** [17th - 21st March 2017]

Soldato
Sofiane Boufal seriously needs to learn to play the basics first, every touch of the ball he's trying to showboat but he just isn't as good as he seems to think he is.

agreed, he's like a Fifa player being controlled by a 12 year old who just found the trick stick.

Caporegime
At some point I need to feel confident in these games (that aren't cup finals :( ) with Klopp's outrageous record, but we're due a bumming at some point surely, feel either team could get smashed.

He does it quite often as he phones his wife straight after the game and then debriefs his players and it's something that he has done at every club. Come on BaZ if you really think he sits there thinking how he can get attention after a game is by running up the tunnel before the final whistle, then I think you are very very wide of the mark, all in my honest opinion of course

Goodness me LOL

Caporegime
I don't give a **** about other teams, I rarely follow their news. And how is it blinders when I'm criticising him for it, can you read? :confused:

I can't say I've noticed him leaving early at full time. Would have thought that would have been more widely reported.

Maybe I'm missing something, this comes across like not knowing it happens and there isn't a hint of criticism of it at all.

Also your reply again sounds like an excuse. I don't care about other teams... he does this during a game and it's frequently commented on at the time. So frankly if you watch football you're likely to have seen plenty of games with Mourinho as a manager and seen him do it. You also said you would think it would be more widely reported.... so you're making a claim it's not widely reported but you don't read news on other teams. Again, it's all coming across as excuse making, not criticism.

Caporegime
Sterling already done more than he has in all the previous games against us :(

Are all those seats empty because of the rain lol?

Caporegime
So you win the ball with a good tackle and get a yellow.

Great refereeing.

Yeah we're in trouble if this keeps up. Ottamendi getting away with just taking Mane out, ball nowhere to be found and clear run in to the box with no yellow was insane

Caporegime
Out of control/reckless/dangerous.

Pretty much the perfect red.

Oliver is dreadful.

EDIT - Oh **** off, penalty and a red there too. Pulled him back regardless of the leg contact.

Caporegime
Maybe I'm missing something, this comes across like not knowing it happens and there isn't a hint of criticism of it at all.

Also your reply again sounds like an excuse. I don't care about other teams... he does this during a game and it's frequently commented on at the time. So frankly if you watch football you're likely to have seen plenty of games with Mourinho as a manager and seen him do it. You also said you would think it would be more widely reported.... so you're making a claim it's not widely reported but you don't read news on other teams. Again, it's all coming across as excuse making, not criticism.

try reading the posts before it, come on DM you can do it

Caporegime
That foul on Mane was never a pen, not in a million years. Ottamendi has every right to chase down Mane and there was no movement towards Mane with his legs.
Does he have every right to grab his arm and pull him back? Wasn't aware that was legal.

Another foul by Toure there

Soldato
That foul on Mane was never a pen, not in a million years. Ottamendi has every right to chase him down and there was no movement towards Mane with his legs.

Playing devil's advocate...

What's to stop a defending player just running right behind so that the other player then has to kick his legs to try and get a shot away? Is this obstruction of play? And at where is the line that he hasn't just ran into the player?

Mane was impeded by otamendi's foot and otamendi's did not touch the ball... It's a tricky one but I'd lean towards penalty, if you've been done for pace and you obstruct the player without getting the ball... You're done...

Caporegime
If there was an arm pull then I missed that in the replay, I was looking at the tangle of legs. I think it's kicking the leg that causes him to go down though.

That mentality is probably why refs fail so miserably. 'It was X that caused him to go down'. Regardless of whether he went down or not he was fouled.

Back
Top Bottom