Greenlizard0 Weekend Football Thread ** spoilers ** [17th - 21st March 2017]

Don
If there was an arm pull then I missed that in the replay, I was looking at the tangle of legs. I think it's kicking the leg that causes him to go down though.
There was a clear pull on his arm - should have been a pen and a red.

Been a bit of a mental half all round. City should have had a pen for the challenge on Sterling and Toure could have easily seen red for his challenge on Can.

Caporegime
You are a wee bit bitter :D.

Could argue he went through the player for the ball :D

Well you can't, because he got the ball before making contact with the player. The foot was high, that doesn't make for an automatic foul, it was a stupid tackle and I can see why it was given. But he got the ball and didn't harm the player.

Also again saying bitter, it's hilarious, around here if you don't agree with the fans of a specific team every time you post your opinion that isn't pro that team, it's bitter. I said the Mane one was a penalty, I simply said that an accidental trip that was clearly accidental isn't a penalty. He went down, well he fluffed the shot because of the contact, not anything else. Players always grab each other, unless it makes a difference it doesn't matter and it needs to be significant, that is why I don't think the Matip on Aguero was a penalty and a red, but if ANY pull matters, then it certainly was a red and penalty.

Caporegime
Well you can't, because he got the ball before making contact with the player. The foot was high, that doesn't make for an automatic foul, it was a stupid tackle and I can see why it was given. But he got the ball and didn't harm the player.

Just because you got the ball doesn't mean you can go through the back of a player and empty them :D

(I'd be mad if it was given against Liverpool but would probably be more angry at Moreno who would likely do it. You just silly when it comes to ignoring/justifying City's incidents or anyone who is playing Liverpool :D)

EDIT - From Oliver's POV it also looks like it can only be a penalty as he has gone through the back of the player, so hardly surprising, isolated incident and slow paced unlike Milner demolishing Sterling

Caporegime
Just because you got the ball doesn't mean you can go through the back of a player and empty them :D

(I'd be mad if it was given against Liverpool but would probably be more angry at Moreno who would likely do it. You just silly when it comes to ignoring/justifying City's incidents or anyone who is playing Liverpool :D)

Which he didn't do. He didn't go through the back of him and if he wanted to he could have stayed standing. He absolutely didn't clean the player out.

Soldato
I disagree. If you don't have space to shoot then that's tough, you just don't have space to shoot. What's Ottamendi supposed to do in that situation? Just step out of the way or slow down and let him shoot? I'd say as long as the defender doesn't stick out a leg to stop the player shooting then their presence that close behind shouldn't be worthy of a pen.

You my disagree, but Mane had the space until Otamendi's came in from behind.

Based on your rules people will just run into the attacker from behind and claim they had nowhere to go...

You can say it was an accident on this account, but accidental fouls still count in football.

Caporegime
Any action being different would have produced a different half of football. If City went down to 10 perhaps they would have played on the break and scored 2 or perhaps they would have collapsed and gone in 3-0 down. You can't really play that card.

You know what maybe you were right, if Toure was off City might have done better

Caporegime

https://u.nya.is/elgajs.mp4

actually watch it properly. Clichy is spinning, he went in sideways got the ball and you can see his body and his weight is actually behind you guy, your guy went down in a delayed fashion, he didn't have to, he wasn't cleaned out. He wasn't knocked over, he didn't fall in the direction of Clichy's movement. If you're body checked you go in the direction of the person checking you, if you have your legs cleaned out you go down in the direction the player was running. He was body checked but flopped over forward. There was contact, but he absolutely wasn't cleaned out. If he'd been smashed hard by CLichy's weight he'd have gone flying off in the direction Clichy was moving.

CLichy won the ball, made some contact, it wasn't excessive force and he certainly didn't clean him out, also not much chance of injury there either.

City need Silva and Toure off, neither have the pace or energy for such a game. Several times when they have broken rather than Silva running at the back line(when someone else has the ball) and create space he stands still waiting for a pass but that limits options and slows the counters.

Back
Top Bottom