Greenlizard0 Weekend Football Thread ** spoilers ** [17th - 21st March 2017]

Caporegime
Its a red card aswell as a penalty.

Ref is bottling it.

An accidental clip of a leg when the player ahead pulls their leg further back than usual to shoot is not on purpose and wouldn't be a red card, but don't let that stop you or anything. Was I think a penalty, but definitely not a red card.

Also Toure was actually not moving very fast, he was on the floor long before contact, his leg was bent and his foot may have made contact with the shoulder but it wasn't with massive force, he certainly didn't kick through and it wasn't very dangerous, shouldn't have been a red, but definitely a yellow for missing the ball and making contact. THat was no where near a lunging tackle where you are landing on or going through a player with all your weight and force.

Soldato
Playing devil's advocate...

What's to stop a defending player just running right behind so that the other player then has to kick his legs to try and get a shot away? Is this obstruction of play? And at where is the line that he hasn't just ran into the player?

Mane was impeded by otamendi's foot and otamendi's did not touch the ball... It's a tricky one but I'd lean towards penalty, if you've been done for pace and you obstruction the player without getting the ball... You're done...

I disagree. If you don't have space to shoot then that's tough, you just don't have space to shoot. What's Ottamendi supposed to do in that situation? Just step out of the way or slow down and let him shoot? I'd say as long as the defender doesn't stick out a leg to stop the player shooting then their presence that close behind shouldn't be worthy of a pen.

Soldato
An accidental clip of a leg when the player ahead pulls their leg further back than usual to shoot is not on purpose and wouldn't be a red card, but don't let that stop you or anything. Was I think a penalty, but definitely not a red card.

Also Toure was actually not moving very fast, he was on the floor long before contact, his leg was bent and his foot may have made contact with the shoulder but it wasn't with massive force, he certainly didn't kick through and it wasn't very dangerous, shouldn't have been a red, but definitely a yellow for missing the ball and making contact. THat was no where near a lunging tackle where you are landing on or going through a player with all your weight and force.

Youre a bitter one arent you.

Oh and pulling his arm isnt accidental is it mate.

Caporegime
Youre a bitter one arent you.

Yeah, sure, rules don't matter, because it's Liverpool everything is a red card because you say so. I can't have an opinion, I'm just bitter..... about something.

Also that look like a penalty for City, pull back as Aguero was it was trying to get to the ball there, and also being a pull back and deliberate that would have been a penalty and a red card.

Hmm, can you ever give two red cards in such a situation? If two players are fouled deliberately while going in for a shot on goal like that, can two players be red carded? I'm not saying that is what should have happened here but, is that actually possible? If two players pull back two separate players for instance from a freekick and both are well in on goal with no one else close, can both get a red card?

EDIT:- just seen another replay and yeah, I think both players could have won that penalty and both tackles were reckless/just going for the man.

Caporegime
Yeah, sure, rules don't matter, because it's Liverpool everything is a red card because you say so. I can't have an opinion, I'm just bitter..... about something.

Also that look like a penalty for City, pull back as Aguero was it was trying to get to the ball there, and also being a pull back and deliberate that would have been a penalty and a red card.

Hmm, can you ever give two red cards in such a situation? If two players are fouled deliberately while going in for a shot on goal like that, can two players be red carded? I'm not saying that is what should have happened here but, is that actually possible? If two players pull back two separate players for instance from a freekick and both are well in on goal with no one else close, can both get a red card?

No because you stop play immediately at the first red card offence, unless its violent conduct, neither of which were.

You a funny dude though.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Playing devil's advocate...

What's to stop a defending player just running right behind so that the other player then has to kick his legs to try and get a shot away? Is this obstruction of play? And at where is the line that he hasn't just ran into the player?

Mane was impeded by otamendi's foot and otamendi's did not touch the ball... It's a tricky one but I'd lean towards penalty, if you've been done for pace and you obstruct the player without getting the ball... You're done...

This would be my view on it. You can't just block off the players leg as he goes to shoot. By that wisdom you can have a tangle of legs and thats never a foul because who ran into who. You need to make sure you are not fouling the player in the box and Otamendi didn't do that.

Soldato

Its the way you write mate. Instead of disagreeing you come out with arsey comments because you think youre the oracle of football.

Caporegime
Why are people talking about the incidental leg contact, its hard to call and none of us clearly know the rules well enough to make that call.

However he grabbed his arm and pulled him back, that is a foul.

Caporegime
Should probably have been a penalty to both sides in this half so call it fair eh.

Well its a bit weird to assume City would've had that opportunity going down to 10 men and 1-0 down though.

But if everything occurred as it has and was called correct it'd be 9v10 and 2 penalties.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Well its a bit weird to assume City would've had that opportunity going down to 10 men and 1-0 down though.

But if everything occurred as it has and was called correct it'd be 9v10 and 2 penalties.

Any action being different would have produced a different half of football. If City went down to 10 perhaps they would have played on the break and scored 2 or perhaps they would have collapsed and gone in 3-0 down. You can't really play that card.

Caporegime
Any action being different would have produced a different half of football. If City went down to 10 perhaps they would have played on the break and scored 2 or perhaps they would have collapsed and gone in 3-0 down. You can't really play that card.

But I did

Soldato

Thats far too logical for a liverpool fan, what are you expecting!!

Back
Top Bottom