Greenlizard0 Weekend Football Thread ** spoilers ** [20th - 24th October 2017]

Caporegime
How can you not get them? There is plenty of other defenders besides dijk. Sanches who spurs had in defence looked better than all of ours and is new to spurs and this league , we have more than one scout if every scout and klopp felt dijk was the only option there deluded.

Just because we don't know them all doesn't mean there not out there, problem is klopp keeps protecting the defence we have now and if he feel that they are genuinely good then he is deluded, he has had enough transfer windows to fix it or least attempt to sign a new defence d

Carragher tweet says it all Rodgers was let go for the same issues klopp is doing now, we can not defend, even worse this defence remains mostly unchanged from Rodgers.
We all know if he bought an unknown everyone would be “who?”

Soldato
Klopp will say something like we will learn from this and improve, it cannot happen again etc etc.

Which is what he has said before about the defending but the trouble is they are empty words because we do not learn, we do not improve and it happens time and again. The defence is simply not good enough and the sooner someone at the club acknowledges that the better.

The time to acknowledge this is in the summer, when you can buy replacements. Like the one we just had two month ago.

Virgil van Dijk alone was never going to be sufficient, so the fact we failed to land him still leave me asking what about the others.

Man of Honour
As someone on Sky mentioned, they spent 40 odd million on Chamberlain, they could have bought 2-3 promising/solid defenders for that. It really is strange.

Man of Honour
Manyoo spent €35m on Lindelöf. They could have bought a defender for that. Really strange.

£35m, rather than forty odd. But they needed both, tbh - depth with AOC and something at the back. TBH, as I've said many times, it wasn't that unreasonable to think they could get VVD... when previously, in the history of football transfers, had a smaller club turned down that sort of money from a bigger club? They didn't not buy a defender because they spent the money on AOC.

Then they should have bought both, or had a backup plan in case they didn't get VVD. It's inexcusable however you look at it. Not that I'm complaining of course.

Soldato
Why should we say alternatives? Excluding dijk there is defenders out there that's just ******* obvious. I could name a few but I'm not a scout for our club, there is times in life when a problem is obvious and so obvious every one around you notices it, this is our defence the entire Premier league fans, rival club knows it we simply can not defend and have made no attempt at fixing it. To use the logic of well you name some one isn't a good arquement, there is other defenders besides dijk we could have got and that is just a simple fact

Soldato
is it the wrong system that's making Lovren not pick up properly, misjudging headers, making Mignolet only marginally more useful than a green-clad mannequin?

Soldato
It's the next stage of the argument. Because you then say, 'well, they could have got Evans for £30m... would that have actually fixed things?' Or Lindelöf for €35m. Or would it be more appropriate to look at the system Klopp's using and think about offering the defence a bit more protection, for example?

Btw, it's their third loss since Feb in the league, tbf.
I'm aware of how much we lost lol I support Liverpool but that's irrelevant when the games we have won our defence is shocking and had been shocking for years how it can be arqued otherwise is baffling

Soldato
35hjv38.jpg

shafted

Back
Top Bottom