Greenlizard0 Weekend Football Thread ** spoilers ** [21st - 27th April 2017]

Caporegime
I cannot believe people are getting the knives out for Klopp already, christ, the squad we have is lacking in depth it's a joke, we have a few of our first team out with injuries and literally no one of any quality to fill those spaces, it was only going to go one way.

Yes, I am annoyed at the lack of transfer dealings in January, but a smentioned previously and by Klopp himself, I'd rather we not buy desperate/bad buys and buy players who are required.

This was always on the cards to happen, and it has. Can't be mad at Klopp over it at all.

Soldato
You said two weren't and I was simply saying that's not the case...now its "mostly" average players.

They aren't average, they aren't world class but Coutinho, Firmino, Can, Clyne, Milner, Matip, Mane, Lallana, Henderson etc are not average players. We have average players in reserve sure which is what I think you're getting at but our first 11 challenges any in the league.

No, please actually read my post. I said that 9 out of the first 11 are average, not that 2 are average.

I would still argue that they are average. Even the likes of Stoke who are a mid table team have players that are on par with what Liverpool have now (players like Butland, Allen, Arnautavic, Affelay, Bony, Berahino, Shaqiri etc.) so I do not feel that you can say that most of the Liverpool players are above average.

Soldato
liverpool have got lucky with results a few times from memory with wins 'ie we played crap but still. got the win' then other times they'll ruin a team like spurs

bizarre really

Soldato
yeh i get the depth thing but a good manager gets the best out what he's got

it wasn't depth that caused your back 4 to act like mannequins for palaces winner yesterday

Soldato
yeh i get the depth thing but a good manager gets the best out what he's got

it wasn't depth that caused your back 4 to act like mannequins for palaces winner yesterday

We are 3rd despite not having a settled back four, midfield or strike force all season. We have some major injuries including our captain, had one of our best players out for the AFCON and then missing the last 2 months of the season and yet we are still 3rd.

Klopp is getting the best out of what he's got imo.

Soldato
We are 3rd despite not having a settled back four, midfield or strike force all season. We have some major injuries including our captain, had one of our best players out for the AFCON and then missing the last 2 months of the season and yet we are still 3rd

Klopp is getting the best out of what he's got imo.
Also played less games than others around you and others have games in hand and if the results of the games in hand go in favour of the others you will be out of top four could be down to 6th place I do like Klopp and think he'll get his team right next season

Last edited:
Soldato
Bestcase for Liverpool is a draw between the Manchester teams, which still puts them both within 2 points of Liverpool with their game in hand. 5th place is a very real possibility.

It would be strange to see a team that has drawn 12 games be in the top 4 though.

Don
I'm not sure we're solid favourites anymore, more like a coin flip. Although no result between Utd and City will be a disaster for us, a City win is the best scenario for us. It will put things back in our own hands with Utd and Arsenal still having to play each other and Spurs.

Soldato
I'm not sure we're solid favourites anymore, more like a coin flip. Although no result between Utd and City will be a disaster for us, a City win is the best scenario for us. It will put things back in our own hands with Utd and Arsenal still having to play each other and Spurs.

If City win the most points United could get is 78...like us. With Spurs and Arsenal still to play this is without doubt the best result for us imo.

Back
Top Bottom