Greenlizard0 Weekend Football Thread ** spoilers ** [27 - 28th October 2012]

Indeed. It's not always easy when they show you the replay once and then it's just a mess of stuff happening around.

Unfortunately these things seem to happen in Chelsea v United matches. When this sort of thing happens in matches between two of the top teams, it's going to cause a lot of emotion to fly around. It's almost like an El Clasico match.

I can remember Drogba's (quite clearly) offside goal at Old Trafford not too long ago, that was a bad one!

Blatent contact. Rubbish ref.

Maybe, or at least tried. But so could have Ashley Young, but Ivanovic gets a red card for that. Because it's always fair when United play Chelsea. :)

The difference was Ivanovic's was a stonewall red every time.

In real time the Evans/Torres looked a total dive, but obviously after replays its not.

Couldn't have happened to a better team though.

:p

What's the problem? You love baiting Liverpool supporters when we play yet can't take some of you own medicine?

Of course I can take it. I bait Liverpool fans because of your tiresome moaning week in week out about how badly poor old Luis is so badly done to, how ref's are so hard on him it's just not fair. He dives consistently every single game to CON the ref's. EVERY SINGLE Game and all we hear is the same old ****.

Yet Young goes through on goal and is brought down by a clip of the heels. Regardless of whether it was as tough challenge, intentional or not, it makes no odds its a sending off. Yet all we here is Liverpool and Lids fans bleating on with the same old rubbish about ref bias, Utd have the ref's in their pockets, Utd cheat their way to a possible victory.

As I see it, Evans has just clipped the right foot of Torres, so technically it is a foul. However, the way Torres goes down, it's like there's a little bit of a jump, or a bit of a push from his left foot, which could have given the ref the impression that he could have carried on. Not a red though as it is a foul, only just, but a foul none the less.

As a united fan, the first sending off was a sending off, simple as that. Second i dont believe was a sending off, I think Evans did touch him, but torres could have stayed on his feet and made a meal of it. I think evans should have had a yellow and it should have been a free kick to chelsea. It was never a straight red for evans, because there was other united players who would have got to torres.
Yes and the third goal was offside, but I will take it.
In truth the ref has spoiled the game a bit.

To the above posters who mentioned man utd "buy" refs, dont talk such rubbish

This is the most common sense post made in the thread. Completely agree.

Back
Top Bottom