Greenlizard0 Weekend Football Thread ** spoilers ** [27 - 28th October 2012]

Book Van Persie for simulation? No? Timewasting? No? Thought not. I don't know how any sane/reasoned United/football fan can actually support this kind of thing? I suppose when you want your team to win by any means necessary, I guess it doesn't matter. But these same people will complain when it happens elsewhere or to them. Sad.

Smallest bit of contact. Could have easily stayed on his feet.

But people will argue 'contact, doesn't matter'.

Because the counter position is impossible to decide. If contact occurs the player loses balance and speed and then ground by default as other players close in. Less contact will ruin a sprinting player's momentum than heavier contact to a still player how do refs decide how much contact was enough to disrupt and cause a disadvantage? It is impossible for them hence the contact equal foul position.

This 'stay classy' stuff is boring.

Law of averages. ***** gonna ****.

So are the whole 'Man Utd buy refs' **** but I couldn't care less, it's just drivel.

In addition to that last tweet, Ollie Holt has said: (I hadn't seen this as it was an RT I saw, not direct.)

Steward hurt, sorry. Not sure if by object or when crowd moved forwards as United players celebrated.

@GreggCarter it is pathetic. Appear to have injured one of their own stewards now

Steward still being treated pitchside. About 6 St John's Ambulance people around him now.

Not sure about the Torres one, would need to see a few replays I think, but the Ivanovic sending off sums up everything I hate about football nowadays. Regardless off 'last man' rules and so on, there is no way you should be sending a player off for that!

Back
Top Bottom