Greenlizard0 Weekend Football Thread ** spoilers ** [27 - 28th October 2012]

Soldato
Agree that Torres' first yellow was worthy of a red, studs into the stomach. If Tiote was sent off for his tackle last week then he could have gone today too.

I think his second yellow is extremely harsh but he is caught on his right leg and it's his left that gives way, doesn't look very convincing. It can still be a dive even if contact is made.

Man of Honour
OP
Well the Young 'dive' wasn't a dive at least. Clear contact BEFORE he started going down. He may have gone down anyway but that's just pointless speculation. Clear as day red card.

Torres was just dodgy and foolish to do that on a yellow. You can argue it's harsh but it's justifiable.

Don
Torres was just dodgy and foolish to do that on a yellow. You can argue it's harsh but it's justifiable.

Are you being serious? He was clearly caught by Evans, how is a 2nd booking justifiable?

Young goes down after contact = clear red for Ivanovic and it's pointless to speculate whether Young was going down regardless. Torres doing the same is dodgy and a justifiable yellow for diving? :o

Soldato
Like when Evans karate kicked Drogba in the chest a while back and got away with it. :confused:

The problem is, we know referees are inconsistent. There are always going to be instances where you can say "but what about when...?" - you have to consider every incident on its own merits. Just because a wrong decision was made previously, it doesn't excuse this one.

Man of Honour
OP
Are you being serious? He was clearly caught by Evans, how is a 2nd booking justifiable?

It's not even that easy to tell from the gif that was posted, the ref is going to have a hard time of it and he obviously thought he dived. Things like this happen all the time, which is why it's better not to dish out yellow cards for it, but oh well.

Don
It's not even that easy to tell from the gif that was posted, the ref is going to have a hard time of it and he obviously thought he dived. Things like this happen all the time, which is why it's better not to dish out yellow cards for it, but oh well.

I know the ref thought he dived or else he wouldn't have booked him. The ref was wrong though so I'm not sure how it was justifiable.

Soldato
United were just plain garbage from 30 minutes onwards.

Lacklustre, pedestrian gutless.

They literally had no idea what to do after going 2-0 up.

Don
the contact was so minimal that he only just moved his sock, how was the ref ment to spot that at full speed.

Whether you believe the foul was easy to see for the ref or not, it doesn't make the 2nd yellow justifiable. It wasn't a dive therefor a booking for diving is not justifiable in any way shape or form.

Caporegime
I agree however its very stop / start because of it.

It's a difficult one to get right.

It's also mainly slow due to the amount of breaks they take/time swapping teams etc. I'd take football slowed it it meant we had got every call we should have this season, we'd be a lot better off.
It's a shame American sports are so dire to watch and then they prolong it with so many commercial breaks :(

MW

They're great for watching with mates, gives time for discussion during.

Shame that dude, I have been following NFL since '84 and kind of fall in and out of love with it. College football is immense though. Much to Mrs L disgust, I can usually plan my Saturday out for Football in the morning with a late kick off, home for lunch and then College Day about 2.30 followed by two games. Switched the Gators game off at 12.30 last night.

How do you follow it? Just the games on ESPN each week? Also who do you support or just follow the sport?

Soldato
It's also mainly slow due to the amount of breaks they take/time swapping teams etc. I'd take football slowed it it meant we had got every call we should have this season, we'd be a lot better off.

the only tech I would like to see in football is goal line.

I would hate to see football slow down.

The sports are very different though (as you know and pointed out).

Caporegime
the only tech I would like to see in football is goal line.

I would hate to see football slow down.

The sports are very different though (as you know and pointed out).

Only be a few decisions a game, if unclear do not give the goal/red card etc as there are many tough calls, give managers flag to throw and play continues then play reviewed, 2 challenges, if you are right or if unclear challenges remain.

Soldato
Whether you believe the foul was easy to see for the ref or not, it doesn't make the 2nd yellow justifiable. It wasn't a dive therefor a booking for diving is not justifiable in any way shape or form.

Do you think if there is any contact then it's not a dive? Further to that, was the way that Torres went down commensurate with the contact Evans made?

Back
Top Bottom