Greenlizard0 Weekend Football Thread ** spoilers ** [27 - 28th October 2012]

I've not seen much of Steele but I can't believe he's worse than Jones. I'm sick with nerves every time Jones comes for a cross.

To say he is worse than Jones makes me think you're clueless though :p :D

:p probably best not to take me too seriously on the keeper front, todays game is making me angry we are playing Boruc who is getting the useless tag.

I want our 19 year old Gazza back who we got from Gillingham...

Anyway I feel sorry for Jones, let down by at lot bench warming.

First game at the Emirates, Jonney?

Comfy seats huh. :p

No. been loads of times mate. twice this season already
Wiltshire as good as Xavi/Iniesta?!?!

Keep dreaming! :p
He can be, im not saying he is now. how old is wilshere? 20? how old is iniesta/xavi? Both xavi and iniesta peaked when they rached 25+.

Was those two players better then wilshere when they was only 20?

Personally inviting you to St Marys to see a great atmosphere in the premier league (though it was a lot better in L1 and the champ).

Pretty much the worst aspect of going to the emerates (other than the game) was the stark lack of interest from 90% of the crowd. Didn't even cheer much after the 3rd went in...

You wasnt at the emirates last saturday so u have no clue about the atmosphere. yes i have been to games when it is quiet but not last saturday. the atmosphere was awsome

Another weekend of shocking referring & linesman decisions, when are they going to start being held accountable? Fair play to Moyes for seeing the funny side of Suarez's celebration though, I could easily see another certain scottish manger calling for a ban if it happened to him.

I'm failing to see the love in for Allen from my fellow Liverpool fans though, yes he recycles the ball well, but that is all he seems to do. Doesn't have much else in his locker imo. Hopefully it's because he is being asked to do Lucas' job he isn't able to do his own? No surprise the midfield 3 of Allen/Sahin/Gerrard struggled with Everton yesterday, dare I say it but a real lack of leadership was evident.

Another weekend of shocking referring & linesman decisions, when are they going to start being held accountable? Fair play to Moyes for seeing the funny side of Suarez's celebration though, I could easily see another certain scottish manger calling for a ban if it happened to him.

I'm failing to see the love in for Allen from my fellow Liverpool fans though, yes he recycles the ball well, but that is all he seems to do. Doesn't have much else in his locker imo. Hopefully it's because he is being asked to do Lucas' job he isn't able to do his own? No surprise the midfield 3 of Allen/Sahin/Gerrard struggled with Everton yesterday, dare I say it but a real lack of leadership was evident.

What ref?

The ref on the chelsea united game was brilliant. about time we had a ref with some balls. that dive from torres was disgraceful.

The PL table is looking really interesting now at the top. I wonder how Chelsea will manage in the next few games dealing with the suspensions.

The fact that you think the atmosphere at the Emirates was amazing invalidates your opinion

did u go to the emirates last saturday mr armchair fan? ;)

I didn't watch the game and I'm not a Chelsea fan, but from the replay I saw it looked very much like Evans caught Torres' shin pad with his studs.

Was I wrong?

Im not a chelsea fan either and u are wrong, Evans did not touch Torres. Torress dived disgracefully

Im not a chelsea fan either and u are wrong, Evans did not touch Torres. Torress dived disgracefully

There was contact on Torres but for some reason he delayed his reaction and dived well after the contact was made. If he'd falled when the contact was actually made he probably would have gotten the decision.

The point is, the contact was nowhere near enough for him to fall, he'd missed his opportunity to go down, saw that he wasn't going to get the ball because of his own poor control/weight of the pass, then decided to throw himself on the floor.

Went to Reading/Fulham; was clearly fate the day I get a Bryan Ruiz shirt he pulls out a beauty like that. Berbatov is great as well considering he's in a deep role which looks really bizarre; but his movement and positional play is nothing short of fantastic.

COYW.

Torres dived, I can't believe that is even in question. I do think there was contact from Evans but the dive then followed it. It is possible for there to be contact and a dive.

I think the referee has been given a rough ride following the chelsea match. Imo, the only bad decision he made was in not sending Torres off earlier. For the "dive", the contact was so minimal he could not be expected to spot it and so has to act upon the subsequent dive. The offside mistake is down to the linesman of course.
As for the allegations, the team of officials wired into his mic and the Sky footage should provide a pretty clear account of what happened.
If found guilty, he will be finished but if there proves no evidence to support the claims I hope Chelsea would be deducted points for such a scandalous attack.

Back
Top Bottom