Greenlizard0 Weekend Football Thread ** spoilers ** [27 - 28th October 2012]

Associate
What needs to be addressed is the way officials don't give fouls if a player stays on his feet. A foul can be committed without a player going to ground - unfortunately officials don't understand this and as a result players will exaggerate.

Agreed.

Still a Torres dive however.

Soldato
every time he had the ball Evans & Rio had to skirt round the area looking for it even when under pressure

:confused:

For someone who watches them week in week out I can assure you today was one of the first times De Gea, Rio and Evans looked like a unit and had an understanding

Care to explain why? If you've got your wall covering one side, you shouldn't then be stepping across to that side because you end up getting beaten on the side you were supposed to cover.

Like they said on Sky he moved to his left because of the movement in the wall, whether that means he lined up the wall incorrectly or made an incorrect judgement call making that step to his left doesn't detour from the fact he was brilliant today (as was the freekick that Mata scored hence I lay no blame on him)

Man of Honour
Agreed, the first thing a keeper should be concentrating on is the opposite side of where the wall is covering, if it goes over the wall and in then it's a great free kick.

To suggest we should get rid of him for that and a bad kick is utterly ridiculous though.

Oh no, if you're on about my suggestion the main point is that his defence have no confidence in him, that's why I think he should go.

Man of Honour
:confused:

For someone who watches them week in week out I can assure you today was one of the first times De Gea, Rio and Evans looked like a unit and had an understanding

Weird, as someone who doesn't watch them week in week out I thought they were utterly disjointed at the back and twitchy. Perhaps I'm used to watching a more commanding keeper :shrug:

Don
Like they said on Sky he moved to his left because of the movement in the wall, whether that means he lined up the wall incorrectly or made an incorrect judgement call making that step to his left doesn't detour from the fact he was brilliant today (as was the freekick that Mata scored hence I lay no blame on him)

It doesn't deter from the fact that his step to the left resulted in the goal. I personally thought Souness was talking rubbish - he lined the wall up and has then taken a gamble on Mata going over the wall. It's something that keepers do a fair bit but don't get punished because either their guess was right or, unlike Mata today, the shot doesn't find the top corner.

Associate
Weird, as someone who doesn't watch them week in week out I thought they were utterly disjointed at the back and twitchy. Perhaps I'm used to watching a more commanding keeper :shrug:

We've been the same for most of this season, whether it be Lindegaard or De Gea in goal, the defence themselves are playing just as much of a part in it.

Also, Chelsea's defence was just as bad as ours today, worse at times.

Man of Honour
We've been the same for most of this season, whether it be Lindegaard or De Gea in goal, the defence themselves are playing just as much of a part in it.

Also, Chelsea's defence was just as bad as ours today, worse at times.

That may well be the case, my comments were on today's game & I'll stick by what I saw.
And I agree totally, we've had some gaping holes in our defence this season, mainly caused by A.Cole & Ivanovic trying to give us width, and the better teams have exploited that, like today.

Soldato
You gonna get banned boy :p

comea.jpg

Soldato
Well just back from Southampton and what a let down. We have to stop playing terribly for 45 mins and going 2 goals down before we start getting into a game.

Second half AVB had the single worst team talk as Spurs put 10 men behind the ball and defended the 2-0 lead, badly. We took Puncheon off (who is a deluded idiot after spouting out he's a premier league player, he's not. He's an average L1 player and needs to be shot to get him away form the club). After that things went well, plenty of chances, lots of composure from our cb's that left Dempsy and Defoe looking utterly useless.

9 games in, the premier league really isn't all that and we just have to cut out some of the amateurism (and stop playing Puncheon) and suddenly I'm not depressed compared to the last few games.

No idea if this was posted earlier (GP to quickly watch first instead) but this was HEROIC to keep it 2-1 from where I sit it looked like it was going to rip the net out.

smooock.gif

Last edited:
Soldato
We had no idea who put their head on that as we just screamed MORGGGGGGG! Heroic stop though, almost didn't mind loosing because of that stop (though the stupid 2nd goal still leaves a bit of a bitter taste)

Soldato
Now clattenburg is a racist. If proven then this is shocking and probably brings the entire game into chaos. Might even need a replay because of 2 sending offs

Soldato
Jeebus that's one safe was that Sandro?

yeh it was sandro. second half, he was the only spurs player who seemed to want to win the game. massive props to him for that, could've easily put his hands up. he's a machine, he pretty much gets straight back up!

Back
Top Bottom