Greenlizard0 Weekend Football Thread ** spoilers ** [28th - 30th December 2019]

Caporegime
Wolves were excellent, we were average and Taylor was shocking but 3 points is all that matters.

Players looked shot in the last 15 minutes, schedule looks like it's catching up with us so I would expect a lot of changes against Sheffield and a completely changed team against Everton.

Soldato
Wolves were excellent, we were average and Taylor was shocking but 3 points is all that matters.

Players looked shot in the last 15 minutes, schedule looks like it's catching up with us so I would expect a lot of changes against Sheffield and a completely changed team against Everton.
Well minamino can play both games so I kinda hope he starts.

Sheffield will be a very tough game imo, they have been very good this year and as you pointed out looks like now our players show signs of being tired

Soldato
Surely as a club Liverpool have to prioritise the League and forfeit the FA cup, as good as it would be to win them both it would surely be added pressure on an already tired squad, imagine VVD, Mane or Bobby get a major injury in the Everton game.

Don
Here are the net scores for VAR decisions prior to this round of fixtures:

Brighton +6, Man Utd +3, Southampton +3, Palace +2, Leicester +2, Bournemouth +1, Burnley +1, Newcastle +1, Watford +1, Liverpool 0, City 0, Spurs 0, Arsenal -1, Villa -1, Everton -1, Chelsea -2, Norwich -3, West Ham -3, Wolves -4, Sheffield Utd -5.

https://www.espn.co.uk/football/eng...sions-have-affected-every-premier-league-club

I mentioned earlier, Wolves are the only side that have not had a single VAR decision go in their favour. It's no surprise they're losing their **** over the decisions today, even though both were correct.

As for the game, it wasn't a great performance but in the middle of a very intense period of games, with a number of injuries meaning that 9 of that 11 have played pretty much every 3 days for over a month now, all that mattered were the points. We just need to get through the Sheffield Utd game and then hopefully by the time the Spurs game comes around we'll have some if not all of Ox, Fabinho, Matip and Lovren back, plus of course Minamino.

As for Everton in the Cup, give one of the fullbacks, VVD, Henderson and 2 of the front 3 the night off. We should still have enough options to at least be competitive.

Back
Top Bottom