Greenlizard0 Weekend Football Thread ** spoilers ** [31st March - 5th April 2017]

Soldato
You dont think grabbing a player by a neck and throwing him to the ground is a yellow card offense?

Yes it is, unfortunately he didn't 'grab' him by the neck he pushed him out of the way via his shoulder/neck.

Do you think rolling around on the floor holding your face pretending to have been struck is acceptable?

I agree the officiating this season seems to be worse than previous years but I think the linesmen/women have also got to take the blame, more often than not they only flag after the referee has blown the whistle. I also think every team has had their share of poor decisions and not just exclusive to Man Utd (I also think some fans and especially Jose are using it as an excuse when playing really poorly rather than looking at everything).

Soldato
Oh well I'm glad we've got that cleared up. You sound like a ten year old saying he didn't kick his sister, he just pushed her with his foot.

I'm not the one crying over the ref stating he should get demoted because he didn't give us all the freekicks.

The standard of refereeing in this country has dropped of a cliff in the last couple of years and I think the fact that they are so protected by the FA is to blame, any manager says he thinks the ref had a bad game (even if he's right and the ref did indeed have a bad game) is automatically given a couple of games ban, sends out the wrong message in that you cannot ever complain.

Soldato
Mignolet, Clyne, Lovren, Klavan, Milner, Lucas, Can, Wijnaldum, Coutinho, Firmino, Origi.

Matip on bench, Was reported he is having back issues again, We need 2 centre backs in summer or Klopp needs to just give Gomez game time.

Caporegime
I'm always so bemused as to why I see big clubs link with Lukaku. He's so bad that even his own team are yelling at him to do something. is he just utter crap against us then good against everyone else? He looks like Fellaini without an afro.

I have been saying that for 3 years. Too often anonymous, rarely turns up in the big matches and sometimes frustratingly lazy. I think he will frustrate the hell out of the fans of whichever top 4 club he ends up next year. He's a very good player for us but as below I do think we are his current level. More pressure to perform and I think he will go to pieces.

Lukaku is a flat track bully tbh...hes a good player but nothing special and i honestly think hes playing at his level at the Ev.

I agree and we will get stupid money from him, so every one wins.

Can't believe Joses comments on Shaw, just awful. Is he hoping he asks to leave so they don't have to pay him a bonus or something.

Caporegime
lol at the attempts by Bellerin to foul Antonio, like 4 fouls in the space of 10 meters and he eventually resorted to launching himself forward and grabbing his leg to trip him.

Just after what at first glance looked like Walcott going down incredibly softly, replay made it look a bit of a bigger push but still somewhat soft going down. Yeah, last two replays, complete dive for me. He got an arm on him but no leg contact yet Walcott went down like it was a bad tackle.

Man of Honour
Unfortunately, a midfield of Can, Lucas and Wijnaldum is not really ideal when you are chasing a game. Too much defensive mindedness in those 3 rather than attacking.

Back
Top Bottom