Greenlizard0 Weekend Football Thread ** spoilers ** [5 - 6th October 2013]

Permabanned
A little bit of a delay due to doing Tough Mudder today, but just wanted to throw a massive LOL at cm after baiting us during the Sunderland game.

He does it every United game.

Seems to disappear when Spurs are **** though :D

Don
Koscielny rivals Enrique as the most brain dead footballer that's ever lived. He seems to do something incredibly stupid near enough every game and was incredibly lucky to get away with that challenge in the last few seconds today.

Last edited:
Soldato
Koscielny rivals Enrique as the most brain dead footballer that's ever lived. He seems to do something incredible stupid near enough every game and was incredible lucky to get away with that challenge in the last few seconds today.

I take it you don't watch Kyle Walker much...

Soldato
Koscielny rivals Enrique as the most brain dead footballer that's ever lived. He seems to do something incredible stupid near enough every game and was incredible lucky to get away with that challenge in the last few seconds today.

Was just about to type out pretty much exactly the same, but my auto-correct couldn't get past the players names... Thanks for saving me the trouble!

Edit - Shane Long must be the smallest player on the pitch as well.... It beggars belief!

Man of Honour
Man Utd will get back into that top 4 but lol at Soton at 4th, wtf.

Although unexpected not a total WTF moment when you consider their fixtures so far:

WBA
Sunderland (H)
Norwich
WHU (H)
Liverpool
Palace (H)
Swansea (H)

Realistically from those fixtures you'd expect probably 3 home wins and away from home Liverpool are the only one you'd definitely expect them to lose.

Best time to judge them I feel will be on 1st Jan after they've played MU, Arsenal, Chelsea x2, Spurs and MC.

Similarly Arsenal have had a very easy start to the season, I would be targeting November 10th to see where they stand (having faced Chelsea, Liverpool, Dortmund and MU in the space of 12 days).

Soldato
You're like Shami, you change your mind like your knickers.

All we've heard lately from you during every game is how Defoe should be on, now he should be dropped :D

have i. show me?

and in response to should AVB be sacked with all the money spent? no. you'll find out why when we play you.

Permabanned
Like I can be arsed to trawl through old threads :D

This is the problem with some Spurs fans at the minute, ideas above your station. Look at past results, we sometimes give you a 3-0 lead and still batter you so back in your box.

I imagine you thought you could beat West Ham at home as well.

Soldato
are you on the sauce?

i said nothing other than spurs v west ham is usually a good game in the first or second page of this thread, i didn't say whether i fancied us to win, even though west ham haven't won atn whl since 1999 and i'd have been within my rights to feel confident.. obvious we'd be fatigued from a flight back from russia on friday.

allerdyce won the tactical game, i take nothing away from them but i'm still confident of us continuing to progress after a massive blip.

it was defoe's chance to prove he should start and he didn't.

Permabanned
On the sauce? I thought it was a perfectly reasonable post.

I actually had a look through the first matchday thread I saw and looking through your posts you post more about United than you do Spurs, the game the other week against City, Spurs were playing and in between your BBC ticker posts, you were more concerned about the United game.

It's a penis envy thing, you want to be the cocks of the league but you often don't have the balls to carry it out. Your belief is admirable but don't get cocky because you have bought a few players. It's a long season.

To get out thought tactically by Sam Allerdyce is one thing but to lose 0-3 against a team with no striker?

Caporegime
He doesn't get sent off or give away a penalty every other week though. Koscielny does.

Really?? you absolutely sure about that Baz??, how many penalties has Kos given away this season exactly??.

So he has a bad game every so often, his good games far outweigh his bad ones though.

So far 2 penalties given and one red card but **** me way to go to make it sound like he gives penalties every week lol.

Don
Really?? you absolutely sure about that Baz??, how many penalties has Kos given away this season exactly??.

So he has a bad game every so often, his good games far outweigh his bad ones though.

So far 2 penalties given and one red card but **** me way to go to make it sound like he gives penalties every week lol.

I was obviously exaggerating the point.

However, in 6(?) league games this season he's given away 2 pens (should have been 3 after today) and been sent off. 3 incidents in 6 games does average out at one every other week as I said.

It's not just like he's had a patchy start to this season. I can't think of another defender that's conceded as many pens and/or been sent off as much as him in the period since he joined Arsenal.

And crucially these incidents are often the result of plain stupidity. What on earth was he thinking in the last minute today? The challenge for the pen vs Sunderland was about as brain dead as they come too.

Soldato
[TW]Sponge;25067100 said:
This game is ridiculous. Spurs look god awful and I have no idea why. We should be smashing West Ham, especially at home.

Why should you be? I haven't seen spurs play particularly well all season and your struggling to score goals, well compared to the teams around you.

Back
Top Bottom