GT86/GR86/BRZ

Associate
Yes that and a 4.67 final gear would make a real difference.

An acquaintance of mine was saying I should have got an S3 instead as they already come powerful. Completely missing the point that I didn't want a hatchback!
You'll get that from everyone, they just won't get it until they take one out themselves and tackle corner/bend around b-roads at 40+mph and you'll realise how nimble the car is and the steering just feels right.

Soldato
You'll get that from everyone, they just won't get it until they take one out themselves and tackle corner/bend around b-roads at 40+mph and you'll realise how nimble the car is and the steering just feels right.

Exactly, there's nothing better than steaming round some country lanes.

didn't want a car that everyone else has. As soon as they dropped into my price range, there was nothing that could change my mind.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I've just test driven an S3 yesterday (Going from 86 to this come August time because I need a bigger car).

Can say that the 86 is definitely a completely different car and feels better on the country roads by far, but overall an S3 is comfier, quicker and more spacious.

Ideal world I'd love to keep the 86 as a weekend car but the S3 makes a better daily so I'm gonna have to sell up and go for one. But all in all, I can say I'll be buying another 86 after a year or two and the S3 will be gone.

Soldato
Enjoy the understeer :D

When you get back in a gt86 it will feel so agile and precise in comparison. Also you'll miss the tight turning circle and the ability to do 1 point turns :p

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Enjoy the understeer :D

When you get back in a gt86 it will feel so agile and precise in comparison. Also you'll miss the tight turning circle and the ability to do 1 point turns :p

I'll try! :D

Could already tell how much higher the centre of gravity is compared to the 86! Didn't want to push it too much on the test drive so wonder what the understeer will be like :p

Soldato
I think if I was gonna have a hatchback it would be the Merc a45. I looked at a Golf R but the staff at the dealership were very unfriendly, and never called back to arrange a test-drive.

Associate
OP
I think if I was gonna have a hatchback it would be the Merc a45. I looked at a Golf R but the staff at the dealership were very unfriendly, and never called back to arrange a test-drive.

I looked at both the A45 AMG & Golf R however I feel like the S3's interior is built nicer than the Golf R and I've never been a fan of Merc interiors so that one went quickly out the window :p

Had to use my 86 like a van today and lug 12 rolls of turf in the back of it. Needless to say it as very full and very muddy but nothing an old duvet cover didn't sort! Quick hover out and it's cleaner than before! :) Suspension felt very soft, I kinda liked it!

Associate
I've managed to lug 2 TVs(42&27), 2 suitcases,1 PS4 boxed,1 PS3 boxed and 4-5 boxes worth of things in the 86 when I was helping my GF move out of her accommodation for uni.
The 86/brz can actually lug decent amount of stuff, just the boot entry is very small and i've seen people managed to fit 4 wheels with tyres in the car with no problems. I've only managed to fit 2 with tyres on.

Soldato
I've had 4 wheels+tyres, a trolley jack and tools in the back a few times.

I can also just about lay down in the back with my feet in the boot. Could sleep in there quite easily I bet :D

Soldato
Big moment coming up on my next drive.

IMG-20190527-181610.jpg

Soldato
Normal drop off because they've been looking after my car since I bought it, and they typically service it twice a year due to the mileage I was doing.

Ahh I will probably get a ride with the engineer then. I will be taking it to a different branch than where I picked it up from. Although they did give it a once over when they did the light.

Soldato
Had these pics through from the work being done yesterday.
default_smile.png

UnkhgcH.jpg

hgrJxUz.jpg

UHYBRaz.jpg

pAVkaHo.jpg

Didn't get an 86 as a courtesy car, ended up with a new Corolla. Wasn't best pleased with that but I'm surprisingly taken with it. Lane assist and active cruise is a hoot on the motorway, it pretty much does everything for you!

MAvlxSA.jpg

Soldato
Hope so otherwise it's just going to **** oil everywhere. Getting the seal right seems to be the hard part on these engines :/

Back
Top Bottom