GT86/GR86/BRZ

Soldato
Mine is booked for early July. Asked for a hybrid Corolla for the 3/4 days instead of a newer GT86.

WIll probably get the clutch replaced too, as they will only charge cost of parts <£200 if done at the same time, for a £600+ job at the dealership.

Soldato
Odd courtesy cars, was expecting Toyota's still like the Corolla! Not sure if I'm a fan of the Lexus interiors, they always look so bulked up inside

Yeah it's strange as they had previously said I'd have a GT, still it's only for a few days.

I quite like the look of the NX, but I think I may struggle to park it down my street.

Soldato
It's supposedly a good mod in your scenario on an auto box, shaving about a second off the 0-60 time.

Manual is a different story unless you do hill climbs, not worth it if it's a road car generally if it's a manual.

I had wrongly assumed that it was only for manuals.

I'm currently talking with Tuning Developments about what improvements they recommend for an automatic. Whether I should go for a supercharger or turbo etc. They say..

Stage 1 Turbo Install
Overpipe
Second Decat
Resonated CAT Back Exhaust
Automatic Transmission Cooler

And then perhaps the 4.67.

I guess taking the gearbox apart gives them a chance to check it's in decent condition, and obviously the cooler will do the job and prevent too much torque blowing it.

Sounds good, I will decide after the recall.

Associate
From what i've remember reading on 86group forum is if you go FI on auto you're at the limit of what the gearbox can take. Not like manual where you can change the clutch and flywheel to handle the torque.

Soldato
For auto I'd be more tempted to supercharge rather than turbo unless you're planning on limiting the boost. The auto is capable of taking forced induction but the torque needs to be linear if you want higher power.

Soldato
From what i've remember reading on 86group forum is if you go FI on auto you're at the limit of what the gearbox can take. Not like manual where you can change the clutch and flywheel to handle the torque.

That is correct. But I'm not looking for a 300bhp beast. And because I have dialysis in my left arm, driving a manual is not an option for the next couple of years.

For auto I'd be more tempted to supercharge rather than turbo unless you're planning on limiting the boost. The auto is capable of taking forced induction but the torque needs to be linear if you want higher power.

This is why I contacted Tuning Developments to find out what they recommend, and they said a turbo with an automatic transmission cooler works well.

Associate
That is correct. But I'm not looking for a 300bhp beast. And because I have dialysis in my left arm, driving a manual is not an option for the next couple of years.

This is why I contacted Tuning Developments to find out what they recommend, and they said a turbo with an automatic transmission cooler works well.
Stage 1 turbo setup should be good for 50-80hp increase I believe so that is still good gains and car still being light it be a weapon against FWD turbo cars with similar power straight line speed..but on b-roads and track definitely say bye bye to FWD compatriots.
Man I miss my GT86..whoever owns it has not joined the fb group or forums so i can't even keep tabs on it lol.

Soldato
Stage 1 turbo setup should be good for 50-80hp increase I believe so that is still good gains and car still being light it be a weapon against FWD turbo cars with similar power.

Yes that and a 4.67 final gear would make a real difference.

An acquaintance of mine was saying I should have got an S3 instead as they already come powerful. Completely missing the point that I didn't want a hatchback!

Back
Top Bottom