GT86/GR86/BRZ

Soldato
2015 one! Trying to work out a way to go and view it tomorrow. Hopefully Toyota can push my car through to be done for 12pm if I drop it off at 8. Should only need an air filter, oil change, oil filter and rear diff oil.

Well firstly I hope Toyota do a decent job this time! And then secondly hope you make it to Audi. Although I would say go for what you wanted in the first place (saloon) and don't deviate from your plan. I know that when it comes to cars it's easy to be change your mind when something else catches your eye.

Associate
OP
Well firstly I hope Toyota do a decent job this time! And then secondly hope you make it to Audi. Although I would say go for what you wanted in the first place (saloon) and don't deviate from your plan. I know that when it comes to cars it's easy to be change your mind when something else catches your eye.

Fair to say they aced it second time round. Went through absolutely everything with me alongside giving the car a full head to toe valet including wet-vaccing the floor mats and everything!

Ended up biting the bullet and the 86 is being traded in for this S3 on Saturday. Very sad to see it go but I'll certainly say I'll be getting another one sometime in the future!

NJ7nHbq.jpg

Soldato
Many thanks :) Looking forward to it but will certainly miss the feel of being so connected to the road as the 86 had!

I can't see myself wanting to drive anything else for the foreseeable future. Might get a new intake once the recall is done.
I guess the S3 will be great on motorways and of course there's the rear seats you can actually use!

Soldato
My recall booked for the end of the month. Engine guaranteed to go pop now as I need the car for an event that weekend. Might take out breakdown cover for the first time ever.

Soldato
Picking up my GT86 tomorrow after the recall. I've had a white March 2019 Corolla 1.8 so I've been driving like an OAP all week to get my Eco score above 90.:rolleyes: Decent car though, and with the Icon Tech pack, it's got lots of smart features.

Soldato
My recall booked for the end of the month. Engine guaranteed to go pop now as I need the car for an event that weekend. Might take out breakdown cover for the first time ever.

Buy the 2 years for 1 extended warranty. Comes with breakdown cover and free MOTs :D

£250 a year for a manufacturer warranty with those extras is really good.

Soldato
I looked in to the warranty, but it doesn't cover anything which I've already had to claim for on the existing one and the rest they won't cover due to modifications, was a fight just claiming under the standard manufacturers warranty so I'm not paying for theirs.

Soldato
I got that last year. Just finished paying it as they ask for payment to be made over 12 months, not 24.

Yea that is the downside as it's a 2 for 1 deal you can't spread it over 24 months (I did ask them). But it is transferable so it can be sold with the car.

Last edited:
Soldato
Glad it
GT86 is back, and feels as normal so far. I'm going to miss the hybrid actually.

Had some good customer service from Toyota Hedge End. I was given a USB stick with photos and a video of the work. It feels like the equivalent of surgery on a human being!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=19qS3uTQFNkwBGZF6WNC2JeSQysmqm5za

Glad it got sorted ok. There's just been one **** up on recalls in this thread so far. Mines going in on the 22nd.

Nice touch with the pictures. Hope they do that for me, I need a new usb stick!

Back
Top Bottom