• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GTX 1060

Soldato
I can see the 1060 will be the 970 price 269.99 at the minimum

If it rapes the RX480 as expected, while comsuming less power and so producing less heat, then of course it will be priced at £270 ish.

It will be a superior product after all, and as we all know people ARE willing the pay the extra for a superior product.

Caporegime
It's going to perform pretty much bang on a 480. nV's own bar chart showed a "best case" 15% improvement.

So that will equate in the real world, to normal gaming perf pretty much identical to 480.

Throw on an nV logo and you're looking at a £300 card :p

Caporegime
Best the 480? Ahaha, have you learned nothing from the previous x60 vs x80 fights?

The funny thing is, it's going to perform basically like a 970, give or take, but it's going to be more expensive than the 970 was - at release.

You could get a 970 for £260 ish from day 1. This is going to be pricier, thanks to nV's Operation Bend Them Over being in full swing.

Soldato
It's going to perform pretty much bang on a 480. nV's own bar chart showed a "best case" 15% improvement.

So that will equate in the real world, to normal gaming perf pretty much identical to 480.

Throw on an nV logo and you're looking at a £300 card :p
I didn't see anywhere where it said that was best case.

Nvidia have actually been pretty good about not overstating the expected performance of their cards, despite everybody cynically assuming otherwise for god knows why.

Caporegime
I didn't see anywhere where it said that was best case.

Nvidia have actually been pretty good about not overstating the expected performance of their cards, despite everybody cynically assuming otherwise for god knows why.

Sure, because the marketing dept aren't going to use best case results in their PR slides. Of course not :p

Like they wouldn't have the origin of a bar chart set to 0.8 instead of 0 :p

Soldato
Sure, because the marketing dept aren't going to use best case results in their PR slides. Of course not :p
So far, I haven't seen them do this, though. Like with the claim that the 1070 was faster than a Titan X. It wasn't just faster in one game and they felt that was enough to use that to justify making that claim. It truly is faster than a Titan X in just about everything.

Soldato
It's quite clear what the pricing is going to be, just like it has been with the 480, the new card will occupy the price-point of the previous gen card it equals in performance. I.e. 480 = 390 in performance -> £200-250 bracket. 960 = 970 in performance -> £220-250 bracket. + a bit extra for Nvidia premium maybe. In time it will go down, but at release this is how it's going to be.

Soldato
I can't see it being less than £250 on release, given we'll get Founders Editions for the first six weeks exclusively no doubt.

I would have happily waited for this card if it meant just waiting a week, alas the decent, well priced versions will probably be something like September given the 1070/1080 launch.

Back
Top Bottom