• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***GTX 780 Ti Owners Thread***

Associate
I did hear that the Nvidia drivers don't support quad SLI on 780ti's so you would need some 3rd party drivers, and even at 4k I'd imagine quad SLI is pointless.

Soldato
My 780ti arrives on Monday..so excited to be back in the greenclub :)

Now.. I am kind of addicted to the idea of Quad SLI. In the interim (i.e 2 months or so) I will be going dual card. The biggest restriction are my motherboard; Asus P8Z77-VLE and my PSU OCZ 750 Bronze Plus. Z77 mobos seem to be on the decline.. before they all die out what is the best value / robust mobo to have.

Is a 1500W PSU required for Quad SLI?

I'd never even have considered Quad SLI, but the scaling seems to far more impressive than CF.

Are you going to overvolt them? just for reference my x79 system with cpu at 1.4v takes just over 1000w under load with 3 . If you're planning on 4 you should be ok if the cards are stock.

Associate
Hi frosty, no plans on overvolting just a stable oc.

What is the best available z77 mobo with 4 way sli ?
I cant see many options around, and I dont want to be spending a fortune on that.

Soldato
Ambient air temps make a huge difference to fan noise.

I found if you disable AA SuperSampling then its silent but with SS enabled & the central heating on it gets more noticeable not loud just a low whooshing sound.

Associate
I find that I can get very stable at 225+ on core and 300 on mem.

What are your stable clocks peeps. I love this card so much..

What PSUs are you guys using ? I think 750w is probably not enough when I start OCing my CPU beyond 4.4ghz.

Soldato
Max stable clocks for me are 1235mhz and 3930mhz on the memory at 1.212v on a non boost BIOS. Want the classifieds.

Also I had a weird issue when flashing one of them recently where it would drop the power target to 85% within benchmarking, whilst maintaining volts...Really not that impressed overall with them in truth. Still a nice OC mind you.

Last edited:
Associate
I got my 780 TI from Overclockers on Friday (http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-129-GI&groupid=701&catid=1914&subcat=1402)

PC Specs:
Intel Core i7-3770K
Samsung SSD 840 250GBs
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 780 Ti WindForce 3x OC 3072MB
ASUS P8Z77-V Deluxe
Corsair Dominator Platinum 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 2666 MHz
Corsair Enthusiast Series TX850 V2
Thermaltake Chaser MK-I
BenQ XL2420T 120hz

So far, I'm happy enough with it. My whole system (including the 780 TI) is running at stock settings, with the exception of my RAM, which I had to manually change to 2666 MHz.

I ran Batman Arkham Origins at 1920x1080, everything maxed out, optimized with NVIDIA, with an average of 85 FPS.

I tried the benchmarking tool with Formula One 2013 also. With everything maxed out, I had an average of just over 100 FPS.

There doesn't seem to be much difference in FPS to my previous card on League of Legends (HD 7970 ghz edition). Everything maxed out, sometimes the FPS was going well below 100 on the howling abyss map. Which is a bit worrying. Although there is some argument that the game is poorly optimized. Generally I have 200-300 FPS walking around on summoners rift.

I ran the 3dmark 2013 benchmark test. Scores:
ICESTORM: 162497
CLOUD GATE: 26491
FIRE STRIKE: 10584

Reading a review on guru3d (http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/gigabyte_geforce_gtx_780_ti_windforce_3x_review,26.html) they got 10894 on FIRE STRIKE using a better system than I have. Not sure really if those scores are good or bad or just normal.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeah that scores pretty spot on for your system. You won't get more without ramping up the clocks :) I've mustered 11900 on a custom BIOS.

Oh, and whilst on the subject - nice rig :)

Last edited:
Associate
Hi chaps, thinking of buying a 780ti in he jan sales (if they will even be in it lol) well in my mind it justifys the purchase if its in the jan sale heheh

anyway ill be going from a 580gtx. theres no silly new requirements from these cards that Im not aware of is there? Been out of the tech loop since i built this thing back in 09. Using a ROG Rampage Extreme 2 mobo and a i7 920 D0 stepping o.c to 4ghz on air :) 12gb of dominator ddr3

Ive read about the 290x cards having dodgy cooling, amd cheaping out on poor coolers and lazy builds. nothing of the sort for these high end cards are there?

I dont plan on going above 1080p for a long time either so I assume this card will tide me over for a very very long time at that res. The hardest the card will get pushed will be running star citizen on an oculus rift sometime in the future. should I wait for a newer ti? perhaps with more VRAM on it (i dont plan on going above 1080p though)

cheers

Jim

Last edited:
Associate
Hi chaps, thinking of buying a 780ti in he jan sales (if they will even be in it lol) well in my mind it justifys the purchase if its in the jan sale heheh

anyway ill be going from a 580gtx. theres no silly new requirements from these cards that Im not aware of is there? Been out of the tech loop since i built this thing back in 09. Using a ROG Rampage Extreme 2 mobo and a i7 920 D0 stepping o.c to 4ghz on air :) 12gb of dominator ddr3

Ive read about the 290x cards having dodgy cooling, amd cheaping out on poor coolers and lazy builds. nothing of the sort for these high end cards are there?

cheers

The only important part is to have a high-quality power supply unit, preferably around 55W or 600W if you overclock it.

And preferably run it on a PCI-E 2.0 16x or 3.0.

Soldato
Just purchased 3 of these bad boys :)

fc780-gtx-ti_np_front2_800.jpg

ek-bp-titanse-1_800_1.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom