• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***GTX 780 Ti Owners Thread***

Associate
I'd say you've done very ok if you're able to hit 1300mhz on air :) And wow at that ASIC quality! Although I don't pay much attention to it, my best clocker is 84% and my worst is 74%. Go figure :)

Hehe, sorry... just put ASIC reading for the reaction! I bet all the 90%+ chips never leave the factory!

Actual ASIC is 64%.

Any tips for further clocks, voltage won't go over 1.212V. :(

Soldato
You can unlock 1.25 now via LLC mod (I think anyway, I've not tried it) But there still isn't away to unlock 1.3-1.4v AFAIK. Although I've looked very vaguely as frankly on ref cards I don't think it's worth it.

Soldato
ive got the new bios from evga but I cannot backup by original LN2 bvios with GPUz saying
Bios reading not supported on this device GPUz version is 0.7.5

Associate
ive got the new bios from evga but I cannot backup by original LN2 bvios with GPUz saying
Bios reading not supported on this device GPUz version is 0.7.5

Hey bud, way that I did it was to get the EZFlash utility from overclock.net, just login and download Skyn3t's brilliant tools.

There you will find all BIOS/VOLT mods and such....

GTX780 OWNER'S THREAD,

Also, another way which I successfully extracted Kepler BIOS - use "Kepler BIOS Tweaker 1.25", and 'Save BIOS' at lower portion of window. !

Enjoy tweaking,

However, everytime I manually tried to edit the BIOS files myself, the card would always hit strange limits, which wouldn't allow me to alter the BIOS in anyway.

That's why I had to use Skyn3t's GTX780 Ti SC BIOS. I don't know if they use HEX editors to alter the BIOS settings or Kepler BIOS Tweaker or what(?) but everytime I try and create my own BIOS it doesn't work.

I even slightly adjusted some pre-made ones from that site, and the slightest modification to their power level settings results in either,

a.) The power level setting not working, and the POWER limit capped.

b.) The power level being permanently capped at 59%.

c.) The power level slider working, but when POWER limit removed, the card reading OVERVOLTAGE.

When c.) occurred, I immediately stopped testing. I think that the internal power limits, all this 125% of power draw, (350W?) was going through the PCAPs and thus frying the card from inside, hopefully the internal power limiters were doing their job, and not allowing this to happen.

All I wanted to do was create a 24/7 BIOS setting where the clocks were 1300MHz/8000MHz (no boost) with 1212mV, as temps are within acceptable reaches for this 24/7.

I did a similar thing with my previous GTX 470's, I created my own BIOS and flashed 'em to 800/1850 @ 1187mv, this was a 24/7 clock. I wanted to do the same with my 780, so that no software methods were required to achieve my desired clocks - anyways...

If anyone could help, create, or point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated... thanks in advance.

(Also, my versions of Kepler BIOS Tweaker, 1.25 and 1.26, don't allow me to alter the maximum table voltage to 1.212V, so I think that I must be using the wrong BIOS editor) Again, thanks in advance... :D

Soldato
TBH CorTEC those clocks seem a bit high for 24/7 use especially on a reference card. Have you tested those speeds on Skyn3ts BIOS for an extensive period? 1.212v can get fairly toasty if not loud on the ref cooler. I'm assuming at this point you are on air though.

Caporegime
Yeah i got £570 + delivery. Sadly i lost about £18 in fee's. That's what you get for using buy it now and reserved price etc. It all worked out well in the end though.

Associate
TBH CorTEC those clocks seem a bit high for 24/7 use especially on a reference card. Have you tested those speeds on Skyn3ts BIOS for an extensive period? 1.212v can get fairly toasty if not loud on the ref cooler. I'm assuming at this point you are on air though.

Hey thanks for reply,

I'm running 100% fan, at like 40*C upwards, so temp and noise ain't a worry. :)

Is EVGA OC Scanner a suitable method of testing for stability?

I'll set it going now for like 1/2 an hour and see what happens! :)

It'll be set at 1300MHz core and 8000MHz memory at 1.212V, I can complete several runs of Heaven 4.0 at those clocks BTW.

Do you know what program they use to modify Kepler BIOS?

I asked at overclock.net but no reply - very hush/hush, American trade secrets... conspiracies, etc.....

Associate
TBH, with the variations in loads you get in games I'd just use it as you would every day. If you can game at 1300 core on air 24/7 you've got a good one there :)

Stable.png

TBH, I was probably being a bit optomistic for 8000MHz mem, it downclocks after about a minute, and requires a restart to enable full GPU power again.

However, with 1250MHz core and 8000MHz memory she's fine!

I've got ACX version, is that different to the reference model that you keep referring to?

(That's max temp as well, it flutters around 74-75*C, and stays.)

Last edited:
Associate
Can't I just flash Classified BIOS onto this and see if it runs without crashing?

Wouldn't that unlock extra volts and such...

I've noticed on startup that the card doesn't hit max clocks so I could safely re-flash from within Windows if things weren't kosher...

Problem is, can't find the BIOS file ANYWHERE, possible friendly upload?

Back
Top Bottom