• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***GTX 780 Ti Owners Thread***

lol, seen it before people get over excited when they read one chap says he's done it successfully, and go off and break their expensive card. Unfortunately people talk out of their arse sometimes :D. Always check the revision number the BIOS is built on before flashing too

In GPUz my boost clock reads 1280mhz at the moment but in game the overlays is reading 1483mhz?! Which one is correct :eek:

EDIT: was 1483! my system crashed pretty quickly :D

without voltage mod at 1.21v its stable so far 1285/1950, feels better than my 7990?

Last edited:
Yea its a classified, got a driver crash earlier so reduced clocks to 1200/1900 for now. The TPU review at 1155/1980 benchmarked at the same if not higher fps than a 7990 which is really really impressive.

Very happy with this card, my 3 month stint back with AMD was plagued with nothing but issues :(

Yea its a classified, got a driver crash earlier so reduced clocks to 1200/1900 for now. The TPU review at 1155/1980 benchmarked at the same if not higher fps than a 7990 which is really really impressive.

Very happy with this card, my 3 month stint back with AMD was plagued with nothing but issues :(

What AMD card did you have?
EDIT: Nevermind, you mentioned it above :p

After some long gaming I've been getting driver crashes even with memory at 1800, temps are a mighty 36c so starting to think my card isn't great. Can I get some opinions on the following? I'm tempted to return it and either get SLI 780 classys (non ti) or one Kingpin. Kinda leading towards the 780s as SLI will last me until 2nd gen of maxwell however the kingpin could hold its value being a limited run. Do cards like that even hold value?

I would need to buy another block if going the SLI route whereas can keep current one for kingpin. And I'm aware crossfire 290s would be the better bang for buck, but I can't face crossfire again. My beloved skyrim does not agree with it!

Last edited:
sli 780 imo way more power than 1 kingpin
plus not sure how limited kingpin will be so i wouldn't count on it holding a huge price premium 2nd hand in the future

After some long gaming I've been getting driver crashes even with memory at 1800, temps are a mighty 36c so starting to think my card isn't great. Can I get some opinions on the following? I'm tempted to return it and either get SLI 780 classys (non ti) or one Kingpin. Kinda leading towards the 780s as SLI will last me until 2nd gen of maxwell however the kingpin could hold its value being a limited run. Do cards like that even hold value?

I would need to buy another block if going the SLI route whereas can keep current one for kingpin. And I'm aware crossfire 290s would be the better bang for buck, but I can't face crossfire again. My beloved skyrim does not agree with it!

Frankly mate, unless you are trying to be the next 8 Pack and you are just clocking for the benchmarks, put you memory down to something sensible like 7.5ghz (+250 offset on EVGA Precision), back off on your core to around 1100 to 1200mhz (+250 to + 350 core offset) and play some games with your rig stable. Mine is similar to yours but less clocks on the CPU and less on the GPU and it spanks all the games at 1080p. Yours should be able to do 1080p or 1440p with decent framerates I would think.

Last edited:
What's up with the 780ti Classys?

im not having much luck with mine I updated LN2 yesterday with the official EVGA bios and my games all crash in SLI if I disable sli all is ok and if I switch the bios back to standard and enable SLI sall games are fine, I never had this kind of trouble with my 2 x 780s

ITS probably me :)

Had a day off so tried pushing my luck with my OC on the 780 Ti:

It usually boosts to 1100mhz with the +124mhz core offset (1000mhz pre boost which is the setting in my sig). Stable in all benchmarks and games.

I tried an extra 100 (+224mhz offset) which boosts to 1200mhz and is stable in Heaven 4.0 and Valley but crashes on loading Firestrike after the other 3d Mark Tests.

+274mhz core offset is totally unstable and crashes Valley after 5-10 secs.

All those are with stock voltage at 106% on EVGA Precision. Temps 70c, fan 70%. I could use the voltage offset too (up to 75mv) but I think in a small case with a stock cooler it isn't a great idea, especially as I didn't get much of a boost with the extra +50mhz offset (around 5fps in Valley and Heaven at 1080p on Ultra).

[update: 3d mark ran fine the second time at +224mhz offset, seems the first time was that stupid windows message offering to disable Aero popping up halfway through...]

Back
Top Bottom