• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GTX 980 / 970 Discussion

Associate
Hmm, my old 4gb 680 phantom still runs everything perfectly even at 1440p, so little point in buying one of these.

This is the situation I'm in

My 7970 Ghz edition and 4Ghz 6 core Xeon (in a old first gen i7 setup) still runs everything I want it to well.

If there's a new UT/(Decent) Battlefield/Crysis/whatever I may be more inclined.

But I have a itch i need to scratch..

Associate

My 7970 Ghz edition and 4Ghz 6 core Xeon (in a old first gen i7 setup) still runs everything I want it to well.

If there's a new UT/(Decent) Battlefield/Crysis/whatever I may be more inclined.

I know that itch. I am on q9550 and because of that itch i ended up throwing in a used KFA2 680 to change a 470!

Maybe put the money on a piggy bank and wait till something better comes out that will need more raw power? I am looking at 4k and from the looks of it it will take some more gpus to come out to do it in single gpu.

Maybe the 980ti will be able to do it who knows.

Soldato

Buy a new card when those games come along.

The problem is then comes a GM200 based GTX980TI or Titan Black Ultra and you might regret it.

Or by then we will have 20NM cards.

But a GTX980 still would a reasonable upgrade overall.

Soldato
sorry should be hdmi 2.0 on those cards and plus with latest drivers hdmi 1.4 supports 60hz I don't understand why NVidia says this on spec

Well it depends on the monitor/tv
The nvidia driver trick is dropping subsampling, which monitors dont support, only some tv's do (and call themselves hdmi2.0 in the process which is misleading)

Beter to be safe on the spec than tell everyone it can do 60hz

Back
Top Bottom