• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GTX 980 / 970 Discussion

Associate
I'm getting the new tech excitement buzz. Still not done CF, worried about heat, but I accept I kinda need dual GPU to run 1440p decently.

I don't agree with that. I just played Crysis 3 on a single GTX570 @ 1440p and it looked awesome. (Medium settings for most things/No AA). No idea on framerate but it was playable throughout.

Associate
Id go with the gigabyte. After the whole oil leakage thing with MSI I wouldn't be going for them myself.

As for the above its the old "what is playable to one person is unplayable to another".

Caporegime
I have to say this....This release has me worried. The $ price for these are very good (especially the 970) and AMD are quiet. I see people from Team red jumping and others whom I never thought doing the same.

AMD had a good spell in Q1 of this year I believe but with this release, how much damage will that do to them financially.

If they have nothing coming, they will have to cut big profits from the cards they currently sell to compete and even then I am not sure that will be enough.

Associate
They have cut profits already. Look at the price of a tri-x 290x thats already 60 quid lower than what I paid for a 290P back in Feb. I think they arent that far off rock bottom already.

Some 290ps going for 260 and etc, like yeeer not much more margins in it sureeeely?

Caporegime
I have to say this....This release has me worried. The $ price for these are very good (especially the 970) and AMD are quiet. I see people from Team red jumping and others whom I never thought doing the same.

AMD had a good spell in Q1 of this year I believe but with this release, how much damage will that do to them financially.

If they have nothing coming, they will have to cut big profits from the cards they currently sell to compete and even then I am not sure that will be enough.

It's ok AMD fans can look forward to PR tweets from Egghead Huddy till the new cards come along.

Soldato

They will have something out before the end of the year iirc, they will also cut prices in the meantime like they always do, but I wouldnt be at all surprised to this quarters market share back up to 65%+ for nvidia, who had slipped to 60% through a lack of anything new

Back
Top Bottom