• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GTX 980 / 970 Discussion

Soldato
While I am tempted, especially with the pricing, I know it would be suicide to drop 780's for these.

That 970 pricing is just nuts. Nvidia setting the bar on price vs performance for a change is nice to see.

If the new titan gets a die shrink on such an efficient architecture as Maxwell it will be an absolute monster of a card.

Associate
This made me sad! I'm away in Ireland at a training event with VMware and was trying desperately to get an order through, but struggling with internet and proxies :(

I'll just have to wait until next week or something, no nice present waiting for me when I get home tomorrow!!

Dam Job interview made me late to work!!

I am undecided now... I am putting together a new PC based on Matx and devils canyon.. got everything as was just waiting for the case to come... realised my 780 wouldnt fir in the case...

Cant decide if the extra 100£ difference between two 970's or one 980 is worth it.. have to be careful with the 970's on size as MSI is already out of the window as the cooler is wider than the bracket so that wont fit..

reference 980's should fit like a charm..

Decisions decisions...

Caporegime
Cant decide if the extra 100£ difference between two 970's or one 980 is worth it.. have to be careful with the 970's on size as MSI is already out of the window as the cooler is wider than the bracket so that wont fit..

reference 980's should fit like a charm..

Decisions decisions...

Stuck in the same predicament, and if I don't make my mind up soon I won't be seeing either tomorrow.

Soldato
Just been on the phone and they said they've oversold on the 980 SC anyway so probably too late. That's ok though as I decided to go for 970 SC so I don't get murdered.

Associate
Back
Top Bottom