• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GTX 980 / 970 Discussion

OcUK Staff
how come 980 / 970 don't have game bundles i guess because they selling without them pretty quick ?

Correct.
Those bundles cost NVIDIA big money so they won't give away any games until they need to do something to help sales and right now 9xx just keeps selling out. :)

Soldato
When AMD was currying huge favour with the Never Settle bundle NV did make a token effort, giving away ingame currency to some online games. Did that make any difference Gibbo?

OcUK Staff
When AMD was currying huge favour with the Never Settle bundle NV did make a token effort, giving away ingame currency to some online games. Did that make any difference Gibbo?

We did not really bother with in-game currency stuff, pretty boring. I want a free AAA title and right now the AMD bundle is very win, Alien Isolation and that Mustang ship for star citizen is superb value. :)

Associate
Sorry for being lazy but what does DSR actually do? I flicked through the vid on mute, it looked like it required game support (different parts of screen rendered at different rez)?

Does require game support, yeah.

It basically looks like downsampling but they are using some special filtering technique, so perhaps it's lower cost than a brute force approach?

....but, that's what normal AA is - it's extra sampling to reduce artefacts. Can be done brute force or some sort of adaptive system.

That's why I'm a bit more interested with MFAA, hopefully it's not expensive to use, and it's using temporal effects to smooth out the aliasing :)

http://youtu.be/Nef6yWYu0-I

Soldato
Does require game support, yeah.

It basically looks like downsampling but they are using some special filtering technique, so perhaps it's lower cost than a brute force approach?

....but, that's what normal AA is - it's extra sampling to reduce artefacts. Can be done brute force or some sort of adaptive system.

That's why I'm a bit more interested with MFAA, hopefully it's not expensive to use, and it's using temporal effects to smooth out the aliasing :)

http://youtu.be/Nef6yWYu0-I

I think its tom from nvidia says it needs no game support every game I've tried works from black flag to grid to dota 2 it won't show in geforce experience

For example gfe thinks I cannot handle maxed settings on black flag at 2560x1080 I hit the res switched to 3880*1537 60fps constant maxedmaxed
I think for my res not many gfe samples are done but most of all DSR doesn't need game support

You need to specify what res you want for me its 1.5 my current res

Soldato
DSR doesn't work with SLI enabled.

it does, i use it with SLi enabled and get 99% on both cards :confused:

you can tell the difference because 1 its much sharper 2 afterburner text goes a lot smaller :p

tested with Black flag,Dota2,Grid

so when click your res in GFE at the top it does not give you a high res than your monitor?

the only game that auto does in by default in my libary is Dota2 the rest i have to click the resolution & change it manually

see here Proof, i have 10 minute video with action i was going to put on Youtube if you wish.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbOjZSbRGxY

Last edited:
Associate
So which is generally regarded as the better card (ignoring price) - MSI or Gigabyte?

Swaying more towards Gigabyte because the slightly higher clocks from the box, looks better in my system, and I like the backplate.

Back
Top Bottom