• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GTX 980 / 970 Discussion

Soldato
it does, i use it with SLi enabled and get 99% on both cards :confused:

you can tell the difference because 1 its much sharper 2 afterburner text goes a lot smaller :p

tested with Black flag,Dota2,Grid

so when click your res in GFE at the top it does not give you a high res than your monitor?

the only game that auto does in by default in my libary is Dota2 the rest i have to click the resolution & change it manually

see here Proof, i have 10 minute video with action i was going to put on Youtube if you wish.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbOjZSbRGxY

Odd it was posted on the overclock.net thread that it doesn't work in SLI but if it's working for you maybe they're wrong.

900x900px-LL-4fc1a8d9_Untitled.png

Man of Honour
When I had SLI enabled, DSR didn't appear as an option in either NV Control panel or NV Experience. After I disabled SLI, DSR was available to select in both. I tried it in Batman AO and it worked, but the game only used one card. As soon as I enabled SLI again, DSR wasn't available to select in NVCP or NVE.

That's with the latest beta driver.

How did you get it working with SLI?

As it seems pretty pointless trying to game at a 4k resolution when single cards still can't hack it.

OcUK Staff
Gibbo, Any update on Gigabyte 980 G1? I got mine pre-ordered in queue.

Fore some reason I check my system and I set ETA as 10th of October, but website is displaying yesterday as ETA.

Gigabyte have not mass produced any yet so impossible anyone will have any yet, but realistically we look good for early/mid October.

Soldato
When I had SLI enabled, DSR didn't appear as an option in either NV Control panel or NV Experience. After I disabled SLI, DSR was available to select in both. I tried it in Batman AO and it worked, but the game only used one card. As soon as I enabled SLI again, DSR wasn't available to select in NVCP or NVE.

That's with the latest beta driver.

How did you get it working with SLI?

As it seems pretty pointless trying to game at a 4k resolution when single cards still can't hack it.

Doesn't support Sli yet :(

Soldato
DSR seemed to work for me in SLI. Most games I tried had really low performance as the DSR wanted to use 5120x2880 (I'm guessing because I'm on a 1440p monitor)

Here's a shot from borderlands 2 which ran okay (45 ish average fps)
borderlands2_2014_09_shk36.jpg

Permabanned
Soldato
I'll have another look tonight, maybe I'm missing something.

all I did was
1.open GFE
2. Look at their Optimal settings (ones suggested by GFE) it just shows your resolution no DSR symbol.
3. click the resolution itself & up pops a box with the resolutions Select the resolution higher that yours, apply it

run game. if you see my video you'll see that its in 4K I only have a 2560x1080 monitor & Afterburner states 99% on both cores

hope it helps

I have 10 minute shadowplay video proving the gfx setting 4K maxed I can upload that tonight if you wish

Back
Top Bottom