Guild Wars 2

Permabanned
So I found my old account and getting this installed now. I don't have the new expansion - is it worth playing from the beginning again or just 'dinging' a character to 80 and starting from there? I don't have loads of time so not to bothered about missing content as long as it it's not absolutely loads of it?

I need to start again but there's no UK guilds or any of my mates play it, however if you need someone to tag with, let me know

Associate
You REALLY need to save materials as you go along if you have any intention of crafting high end armour/weapons, you will need loads. Not sure what level you are currently at but assuming you know about the different rarities of items? salvage blues/greens, check out prices of golds(rare) at the Trading Post if it's less than 30 silver salvage it (unless you are desperate for money) watch out for Exotics as they are usually worth a few Gold. If you need any help in game hit me up. IGN is darthbaz.3192.(mention its you off here otherwise I may block you lol)

Associate
Who has tried the new map, I must say I really like it :)
Although the jumping puzzle had me raging at one point.

Is there a guild that OCUK people are in? I find myself playing solo a bit too much.

Soldato
Any news on a new wvw map? Currently only enjoy alpine borderlands as HoT wvw map was aweful

I'm on aroroa glade if anyone plays
Doesn't look like new wvw map with it sadly, though they did say any pvp or wvw updates would roll out as and when they're done - on a separate timescale, not to be bundled with expansions or living world updates.

Associate
Hopefully this expansion will make up for the terrible heart of thorns. Open beta as well !

"For those who would like to try before they buy, ArenaNet will hold a free preview weekend from Aug. 11-13. This will be open to all players, including fully free-to-play and new accounts"

Associate
I'm impressed that they are referring back to Guild Wars 1 content. Elona (and Nightfall) was a great expansion to the original - the Heroes were a massive boost. This looks to be more incremental, but it's still a great game. I've just had a quick blast and it's still enjoyable.

I just need to figure out the power/skill progression (including gliders) as it seems to have changed again in the last year...

Associate
i watched the live stream announcement and it got me interested again, i haven't played since they took the big lakes out of wvw borderlands and put the ruins there :p

will have to start over again it looks like everything has changed :eek:

Soldato
Some of the features coming in the new expansion look good, new way of using mounts compared to older MMO's though I wonder if they are purely for the new zones or will we be able to use them in the existing ones aswell.

Not a fan of some of the new class specs, Necro one doesn't look good at all imo, I mainly play warrior and not sure if I like this dual wield dagger spec as it reminds me of playing thief.

Soldato
The annoying thing is Warrior gets to be the new gw1 "mesmer".

And I'm not looking forward to the pvp/wvw whining over Mirage which inevitably will lead to some very heavy handed nerfs based on golem testing... I look at the Mirage skill/trait list that has been revealed so far and simply expect anything good to be nerfed very quickly (recalling what they did to Alacrity, Illusionary Reversion and Shield for Chrono, among other things).

Soldato
Mounts outside Path of Fire; https://twitter.com/RoyCronacher/status/892432117291925504

The expansion looks brilliant and i tried HoT on my Guardian Meditation build, but it wasn't the fact HoT was bad per say (as i didn't complete it nor play enough of it), but the game felt very laggy after it was released, same with the Crystal Desert, when before i could play it flawlessly without any issues, so i haven't delved back into it since.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom