Guild Wars 2

Associate
Tried the beta last night, the first mission with sub optimal gear was rather tricky on the warrior I created, got the raptor mount and had a play with it, that's me done with the beta now as I want to keep the rest of the stuff a surprise.

What a strange review - what did you actually "think" of the beta , good or bad ?

Soldato
What a strange review - what did you actually "think" of the beta , good or bad ?

It wasn't a review just a comment of my time with it, I didn't go into the beta wanting to full on beta test and see everything that's unlocked, I'd rather wait until launch and play through it then.

From what I've played and seen so far it's a improvement, the raptor behaves and handles better than I was expecting, the new zone looks stunning and a huge change from areas we've been able to play before.

Soldato

I expect he means that its Guild Wars and its brilliant (because it Guild Wars), and he doesn't want to go further into the game until full release because its awesome.
I waited a year or so to get the last expansion. I wont be this time, even though there are still loads of people playing everywhere in this game I'd like to be part of the new expansion movement.

Love the animation when you don't move while sat on a raptor. Especially when it shakes.

Associate
It wasn't a review just a comment of my time with it, I didn't go into the beta wanting to full on beta test and see everything that's unlocked, I'd rather wait until launch and play through it then.

From what I've played and seen so far it's a improvement, the raptor behaves and handles better than I was expecting, the new zone looks stunning and a huge change from areas we've been able to play before.

Fair enough - sounds promising though . I will be playing tonight !

Soldato
Early heads up - eite spec demo weekend beginning tomorrow, pvp and wvw only though. :)

Assuming it'll start late afternoon our time. Looking forward to trying out Mirage and Spellbreaker in particular.

Edit: Anet stream on elite specs live now -

Last edited:
Soldato
PoF stress test tonight around 10pm.

Elite specs should be enabled as well as the pve map from the demo. Expected to last around 2 hours - should be a good opportunity to get in game and test new stuff out again. :)

HeX

HeX

Soldato
Not long to wait now. I've avoided everything to do with the expansion to keep it all new and fresh. Just been going through the LS3 content on my other characters while waiting.

Associate
Yea, Friday!!!

I have to complete the final 3 parts of the living story which I should have done before release.
I have been really bad with the story to be fair. I spent a good portion of time leveling every class so I got bored of story in general haha.

Currently maining a Revenant but I'm finding it difficult to survive for the most part.

Soldato
Yea, Friday!!!

I have to complete the final 3 parts of the living story which I should have done before release.
I have been really bad with the story to be fair. I spent a good portion of time leveling every class so I got bored of story in general haha.

Currently maining a Revenant but I'm finding it difficult to survive for the most part.

I chipped away at them doing one every Sunday morning, some maps took me 4 - 5 hours to 100% map completion ( you don't need to do this to get the lw story done) and others took me just over a hour.

Associate
I hammered Season 2 / Heart of Thorns in a week :D Been plodding along at a slow pace since, but I really need to get a move on to be in on the launch fun :D.

Forza 7 Demo tomorrow will delay me slightly :D

Back
Top Bottom