Guy wins $450 million on lottery.

Caporegime
If i won i would keep my gob shut. Set up a LLC (limited liability company) and claim the money through that.

Then go on holiday for a year.

I'd be on a permanent holiday. Biking/Snowboarding seasons everywhere, and breaks in between. I don't think I'd get bored quickly of that. Maybe buy a nice van.

wnb

wnb

Soldato
I would make sure I had very good pension sorted before I did anything. Charities can go swivel they won't be getting anything, the crest would be spent on my families health and wellbeing and of course big family house holidays and cars.

Man of Honour
Put 90% of it into trust, 10% in bank accounts, live off interest until i can decide what i can do with it.

Paying off mortgages for family is a must but I wouldn't give them so much that they will be sitting on their bum all day.

Don't tell anybody where the money comes from, build up your spending slowly, pretend you started your own online business or something. Don't go out tomorrow and buy a Ferrari before you even move out of your current residence, unless you already live in a very nice neighbourhood where Ferraris are the norm.

Use the wealth to live comfortably, don't flash it.

Soldato
woke up to an email saying 'we have news about your ticket'....was getting my hopes up. First I had to phone to unlock my account as I got it suspended for putting in the wrong password too many times last night :p

You've won 2 free Lotto Lucky Dips!
Sun 14 Jan 2018

Congratulations! You've won 2 free Lucky Dips for matching 2 with Lotto

anticlimax!

Soldato
Keep £20m for myself, put the rest into a charity and spend the rest of my life giving it away. Kind of like a mega Secret Millionaire.

Though that idea might change after I actually see the hard cash in my bank.

Soldato
I assume that all these people advising those that consider this too bigger sum to win to donate to charity. I for one find donating to charity very difficult these days given the high percentage of any donation that is used for the big remuneration the bosses of charities seem to enjoy these days.
Then I ask myself I am in my 60's and the same pleas for money to fund say clean water is being asked for now as was decades ago. What the hell happened to all the millions raised for such purposes.
So for me it would be too much as I have few friends and even fewer I would want to give loads of dosh to, so apart from a house and a car and lots more pets what the hell would I do with the money at my age.

Caporegime
I
Then I ask myself I am in my 60's and the same pleas for money to fund say clean water is being asked for now as was decades ago. What the hell happened to all the millions raised for such purposes.
Given there are literally billions of people on the planet who don't have a pot to **** in, in a very literal sense, how long were you expecting it to take them? :p

Soldato
OP
I assume that all these people advising those that consider this too bigger sum to win to donate to charity. I for one find donating to charity very difficult these days given the high percentage of any donation that is used for the big remuneration the bosses of charities seem to enjoy these days.
So for me it would be too much as I have few friends and even fewer I would want to give loads of dosh to, so apart from a house and a car and lots more pets what the hell would I do with the money at my age.

Apparently only 10% of the Haiti disaster money went to Haiti the rest was skimmed off. Take with pinch of salt but could be true. Think $10B was donated or funded.

Must have been.trillions? put into Africa over the years also, maybe it's making progress though?

Soldato
Apparently only 10% of the Haiti disaster money went to Haiti the rest was skimmed off. Take with pinch of salt but could be true. Think $10B was donated or funded.

Must have been.trillions? put into Africa over the years also, maybe it's making progress though?
I thought that I was being a bit conservative, but progress I don't think so though you would be hard pushed to find a poor African leader these days.

Soldato
Even if I wanted to leave my job immediately I wouldn’t be able to, at least for another 18 months or so :p Even still i’d Keep my daily job and would turn up and just keep it quiet; I love my job :Di’d look to buy a house near the Nurburgring, buy a car to stay over there and be used on the Ring.

Wouldn’t be bothered about a house immediately over here...

Probably be the worst lottery winner ever :D

Soldato

Yep, it's a big scam really. We've been pumping money in to Africa for decades and nothing has improved at all. Where is all the money going?

I think if you want to do some charity and improve someone's life, give them the money directly or pay for something to be built directly. Not give it to an organized charity who will skim large chunks off it.

Man of Honour
I’d rent Emily Ratajkowski for a week, (if possible), and waste the rest on a bigger house, food, and my kids.
I might buy my wife a Lincoln Navigator, with a La - Z - Boy in back for me, plus an iced Absolut fountain.

Man of Honour
I didn't win.

Could be worse, I got another one of these the other day, I wish there was a way to say "dont email me unless it has 5 zeros"

Lottery People said:
Dear EyeDot
We've got some news about your ticket from the draw on Saturday 13 Jan 2018.

Please sign in to your account as soon as you can for more information.

Congratulations and thank you for playing.

Crushing doesn't come close!

Soldato
Must be a record. I think there are pretty high taxes involved though, maybe up to 40%. So what would you do with all this money. The obvious I suppose, a mansion, few cars, few holidays, money to friends and family, or would you give a lot to charity?

I would do tons or research and hire analyst and invest in bonds/hedge funds/stocks etc, buy a few properties also. Maybe some cheap ones, clean them up and sell at a profit.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...s-450m-lottery-jackpot-hope-do-good-humanity/

So if you won 450 million, which is MORE than enough to buy everything you want and live off indefinitely, you would then invest it into stocks etc? .... people generally invest in things to get something remotely close to 450 million, but if you already just won it, what is the point lol.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom