***Gym Exercise Guide, and Form Discussion/Feedback***

Soldato
I usually just use the floor but I've been told off by a certain member of staff to only use the mats or use that blue matting if there aren't any mats available. He already had a go at me today for putting a hoody on the floor and not using the lockers (apparently it's a health and safety hazard) and I wasn't in the mood for an argument.

Keep that head more neutral, cranking it back does nothing to help, and only encourages bad habits.

Really need to get out of this habit. Aside from that was the rest of it OK?

I think it's getting to a point now where you guys have helped me out as much as you can in terms of advice and if I'm still no where near to cracking it I think I'll have to invest in a PT or perhaps meet someone London based?

Associate
Been focusing on squat form lately, making sure to push my knees out but I'm discovering I don't have the flexibility to get to depth. Tried squatting with my heels under plates and it feels better (not sure how it looks, video to follow). What are the best mobility exercises to be focusing on?

Man of Honour
You are still flexing around your mid-spine, but I am guessing you are working on that.

I think moar adductor, calf and hamstring stretching would be good, and will help you get to serious depth.

Try rolling your calves with something hard hard to get them a bit more limber...

Man of Honour
Been focusing on squat form lately, making sure to push my knees out but I'm discovering I don't have the flexibility to get to depth. Tried squatting with my heels under plates and it feels better (not sure how it looks, video to follow). What are the best mobility exercises to be focusing on?

Check out the mobility thread, and looking for rectus femoris, posterior chain and ankle mobility stuff. :)

Associate
You are still flexing around your mid-spine, but I am guessing you are working on that.

I think moar adductor, calf and hamstring stretching would be good, and will help you get to serious depth.

Try rolling your calves with something hard hard to get them a bit more limber...

Noted.

Been going at the calves with the grid roller and that stuff is painful :eek:

Associate
Forgive me if I missed anything but is there anything on front squats ;) Just something I've been slowly adding to workouts and they are so far so good but I can't for the life of me grip the bar properly.

Cross hands/wrists is going to get tricky when the weight goes up :( And I don't fancy breaking anything :D My wrists are getting a full stretch workout at times!!! which is not good.

Associate
Duck feet of peace.

:(

I didn't think it was that bad until I saw this vid myself

Been foam rolling calves, adductor, quads (generally the whole leg) and recently started to lacrosse ball smash the ankle area to solve this, is there anything I'm missing out?

I found the video last night by K.Star about squatting with a resistance band get the ankle to return to full range of motion which absolutely kills

Man of Honour
There is a nasty thing I have seen that involves ankle flossing using a heavy band as the distraction... Both posterior and anterior force.

I am glad my ankle mobility is not too bad... :eek:

Associate
There is a nasty thing I have seen that involves ankle flossing using a heavy band as the distraction... Both posterior and anterior force.

I am glad my ankle mobility is not too bad... :eek:

Have you got a link to that article/video at all?

And you have pretty amazing mobility to be fair, jello much.

On the plus side your grip position looks much nicer than the last vids and you're pretty upright throughout/butt isn't coming back too far.

Yea I've been trying to keep my back tighter along with a closer grip which is taking a little to get used to, in addition I'm making a conscious effort to keep upright and actually squat rather than just collapse down with the weight...

Back
Top Bottom