***Gym Exercise Guide, and Form Discussion/Feedback***

You need a slightly straighter back (tending a little towards extension) in the set up, and a little bit more anterior pelvic tilt/stick your arse out more.

As has already been said but don't forget to take the slack out of the bar before you lift it :). Looking nice though and it might just be awful memory skills, but have you lost a fair bit of weight?

As has already been said but don't forget to take the slack out of the bar before you lift it :). Looking nice though and it might just be awful memory skills, but have you lost a fair bit of weight?

I wish I lost some weight (I haven't recently, but I was 19st back in 2005)! Don't worry, I have awful memory skills too :p

Still can't seem to get the hang of deadlifts :rolleyes:

70kg

80kg

I seem to be moving forward on the 80kg reps. Pretty **** all round I think, tried to tighten core but it was non-existent, I think this is because I did pullups before deads but I didn't know what else to do as the squat rack was full.

So, lack of: glute drive, core tightness, stability when starting lift and still not great when returning the weight to the floor. Not much then.

Last edited:
sigma - tbh i think you are being too hard on yourself there. Also, time to add some more weight, I think you'd find form snapping into position a bit more with something that looks like it is testing you :p

80kg was a PB :p I did actually put another 2.5kg on but as you can see in the final vid, my form was very poor by then so I took it off for that final video.

I might be hard on myself but it really doesn't feel right :\ every time I try and tweak something I go and create another problem then it ends up going round and round in circles.

80kg was a PB :p I did actually put another 2.5kg on but as you can see in the final vid, my form was very poor by then so I took it off for that final video.

I might be hard on myself but it really doesn't feel right :\

Only you know what feels right mate.

Take for example my back issue, everyone says "just get on with it" but I know full well there is something amiss, otherwise I wouldn't have pain there every so often, ie every day normally.

Too right. I'd rather err on the side of caution. If it takes me a bit longer then so be it, an injury (as we both know) can set you back months anyway, far longer than playing it safe.

Still, 85kg next week would be nice.

My deadlift form seems to have gone backwards as my squats got better (perhaps the latters just tiring me out :p) so I thought I'd up a video.

Admittedly I've only just started doing high reps again for the first time in ages leaving me incredibly drained, but I'm still not sure.

Back
Top Bottom