***Gym Exercise Guide, and Form Discussion/Feedback***

Caporegime
Well, I was going to show you some vids, but apparently I can't rotate my videos...They've saved as mp4's for some stupid reason (as opposed to avi's last week) and movie maker is naff...When you rotate the vid it squashes it too :(

bah

Associate
The pull isn't bad but your shoulders are a little in front of the bar, crank them back and stick your arse out more. On the negative however you appear to have some lumbar flexion most likely from not being able to hip hinge properly. You need to be able to quickly and dynamically shoot your arse back, hinging at the hip with no loss of stability in the core. It's something to work on away from working sets because it will just take time. Try doing some RDLs with dumbbells, pushing your bum back as far as possible, then when they get easy swap to doing single leg RDLs in the same way.

Soldato
cheers Dom,

I already do BB RDL's is it worth continuing with these and throw in DB RDL's on top to specifically work the hip hinge or should i do i straight swap out?

Associate
Maybe try a swap out for a couple of weeks.

You could do both and nothing bad would happen it's just you will be more inclined to use higher weights that are less appropriate for motor pattern loading on BB RDL, this might slow down your progression with the hip hinge. However you are going to want to use very light (10kg ish) on the DB RDL so you will obviously lose training stimulus in a straight swap.

Do both but reduce the weight on the BB and be mega strict with yourself. If LiE is available/willing get him to scrutinize each rep and really focus on shifting your arse back will keeping a flat back.

Sorry I was kind of thinking as I went there, hope it made sense :).

Soldato
Does the 100 look ok then?

Yeah I think I switch off at the top of the lift, some reps I remember, others I don't. Definitely something that I will write down.

I've now started taking a book with me so I will jot down reminders!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom