***Gym Exercise Guide, and Form Discussion/Feedback***

Devils, look at what your doing with your hips at 0.18 as you get under the bar, and then at 0.24 after you have walked the bar out.

Your rotating your hips, backwards if that makes sense, and putting your back in to a far from neutral position.

Wait till Saturday and there will be plenty of people who can show you how you should be squatting.

Poor glute flexibility, poor hamstring flexibility, poor hip hinge motor pattern, poor core stiffness.

Over extending (sticking your bum out) will turn off your core.

Yes actually, and what I have been doing it helping...Tend to wrap a band around a bar and put my foot in it and move my ankle forwards/backwards etc

Devils, look at what your doing with your hips at 0.18 as you get under the bar, and then at 0.24 after you have walked the bar out.

Your rotating your hips, backwards if that makes sense, and putting your back in to a far from neutral position.

Wait till Saturday and there will be plenty of people who can show you how you should be squatting.

Aye, I notice it now LiE pointed it out, I blame EFTS to be honest :p

Poor glute flexibility, poor hamstring flexibility, poor hip hinge motor pattern, poor core stiffness.

Over extending (sticking your bum out) will turn off your core.

Alrite, lay in to me! :p ;) Joking

I'll try another one later, and Saturday will be a good thing for me.

In honesty though, I've been doing hamstring work each morning, and they are getting a hell of a lot better :)

Thanks all. It was a test, and I got what I asked for :) So thanks.

My Goblets are better though?

But you told me you where stretching your glutes and hams :mad::mad::mad:

;)

Edit: You goblets are much better partially because you are actually turning on your core.

But you told me you where stretching your glutes and hams :mad::mad::mad:

;)

Heh. I do, sorry.

I'll get some more pointers, I've been adding in extra stuff each week or so as I didn't want to over do things originally.

On the plus side. I think (back wise) im getting a bit better

EDIT: Yep! I find them nicer to perform in every aspect if I'm honest :p

Over extending won't help your back as well.

MOAR glute stretching needed, and you need to be more aggressive with your hammies.

If we get time on Saturday I will fix you with my healing hands...

Over extending won't help your back as well.

MOAR glute stretching needed, and you need to be more aggressive with your hammies.

If we get time on Saturday I will fix you with my healing hands...

Sweet. I am being pretty aggressive with my hammies, I use the band on them every morning, and the roller. And a ball in to me arse.

By overextending you are talking about how my hips tilt in the squat video yeah? Just so i'm clear. :)

EDIT: By getting better backwise I meant in a pain sense. Not how it is in position wise in the squat vid I posted :p As I say, just wanted to see how my overall form was after stretching for a few weeks. I haven't back squatted in months.

Hi Guys, new Squat vid please, going from the Bar up to 50kg. - This is my first Back Squat session since February after injury

I'm hoping you will agree that my hips are in a abetter position than before? So Bum tuck is better? Some tightness in places, but I'm working on it. Pretty happy anyway

EDIT: From looking at it again. Main things to work on would be ankle tightness, hip openers, and keeping the bar more central? And stick bum back more maybe?

Last edited:
I'd say they look very easy for you.

Is your pains/aches stopping you going heavier? Or you just trying to 'perfect' your form?

They're the first Back Squats I've done since February :) ie since Injury.
Since then I've been doing lunges, split squats, goblet squats.

I'll hopefully do a heavier set next week, just wanted to double check things really seeing as it's my first time back doing them.

The pains aren't stopping me no, during the sets they're generally not there. It will be the aftermath that stops me :p

You are hugely quad dominant Delvis! It's not an injury risk or anything, but you need to learn to hip hinge and load your hamstrings properly. This is kind of the same thing as sticking your bum back, but a good hip hinge specifically describes the relationship between your hips, femurs and spine.

Lumbar stability looks good.

Are your knee maintaining a good position? A problem you might be having (due to not sticking your bum back enough) is that you're loading your ankle massively at the bottom. This is why you think you need more anke range, when in reality your knees are already coming quite far forward.

What to stretch? It's STILL your hamstrings :p

Back
Top Bottom