***Gym Exercise Guide, and Form Discussion/Feedback***

Cheers Ice your a king.

Was my last set for a video that night and I was totally knackert! I do need to concentrate on depth but I do normally go deeper than that.

Shall look into what you said, need to get a deadlift video up shortly. Mostly for myself to see form.

So I want to add RDL to my workouts, more specificly after Sqauts.

I watched Marks video, as per the video I take it the weights don't need to hit the ground? I reckon this will help with mobility aswell?

Going to start it adding it into my 5/3/1 as of next Monday.

Really cant tell much from this angle, I am struggling to see if it's high bar or low. A shot from behind even at a bad angle is a lot more useful.

Can't see much of anything from that angle.

You're losing tension in your back, but I'd be guessing the cause.

Have you read the squatting guide?

So I want to add RDL to my workouts, more specificly after Sqauts.

I watched Marks video, as per the video I take it the weights don't need to hit the ground? I reckon this will help with mobility aswell?

Going to start it adding it into my 5/3/1 as of next Monday.
Yep, they shouldn't touch the floor (people should stand on plates if necessary).

Yep, they shouldn't touch the floor (people should stand on plates if necessary).

Didn't think so, seen a few people in the gym touching the floor with them back didn't look great. Well at least I think it was RDLs.

Shall add them in Monday. Thanks Ice

Overhead squat first try. I think this has highlighted tight hamstring/posterior chain issues, also after trying these I got a funny pins and needles sensation in my right arm :( weird

Normal squat form, again I think I round out my lower back a bit and need to sit back more in to the squat.

Shirtless just makes it easier to show what's going on, as I really don't notice my lower back rounding from my normal vids, especially if I am wearing my belt

Last edited:
Actually, on the overhead squats your problem is that your knees don't go forward enough. Your torso wants to be as upright as possible.

Ankle flexibility issue?

This.

Yea looks like you're doing a back squat movement. You want more of a frog squat movement.

And this.

Try getting some fractional plates and sticking them under your heels as you squat. Might make it easier with a bit of elevation.

Second, literally stick your bum between your legs and see how your knees move forward.

Third, don't foret your shoulder stability! That bar is wandering all over the place. I'll upload my failure yesterday due to poor scap fixation and you'll see what happens (lots of noise!)... :D

Squats and foot positioning. Who wants to talk to me about this.

So, knees always go out, not hard to gather, but how do your feet work. Do you tend to position feet slightly duck footed, or perfectly straight?

I.e. on the image below you have, on the left, slightly turned out feet, (bit extreme in diagram), and then knees going over the top of your toes. On the left, you have straighter feet, and knees going outwards still, but no longer over the top of your toes. Obviously the one on the right needs more ankle flexibility, but I'm just wondering which is the one I'm supposed to be doing? :)

rKfsUrM.png

Cheers.

kd

Depends - for a front squat, I tend to have my knees out REALLY wide, meaning my feet are angled wider than normal, but for back squatting, it's a lot less.

To go with your picture, the left one is where you want to be.

Back
Top Bottom