***Gym Exercise Guide, and Form Discussion/Feedback***

Associate
I squat with my feet straight. There is nothing wrong with it. In my opinion the best squats are when the persons feet are straight. You can generate so much more force that way. However I have come to accept it is unrealistic to expect everyone to be able to do it, there are too many factors involved for the average guy.

Man of Honour
OP
Well yes and no. Parallel gives you more torque through the entire hips-knees-feet system, but your mechanics (limb lengths, hip structure, blahblahblah) can be such that it can't be done.

It also comes down the principal of diminishing returns; while more parallel might mean more torque always, mostly parallel and sitting on your capsule/tightness is still a powerful position...

Associate
Loved that deadlift video, found it really useful as deadlifts are the last exercise in the gym im going to start using mainly cause it scares the **** out of me lol

Caporegime
Personally the way your spine bends on the first vid ar 14s scares me. You also appear to have you head constantly 'up' (although i believe this causes some debate here)

The bors, not sure, looks too heavy? What weight is it? You need to be REALLY tight.

Soldato
37.5, it was my 8th set, so it wasn't quite as tight as it should have been I'll admit (although I could have paused it at the top of the rep happily), I was really checking the movement more than anything. xD

The double set up on the first vid was, well, I don't even know what to be honest. It was just messed up completely xD The 2nd one is a more typical successful setup! xD

The big thing I know is missing is core tension throughout all my lifts. It's the big thing on my to work on list at the moment. Although any additional stuff to work on is good! xD

kd

Last edited:
Soldato
Watch the Deadlift vid in the exercise gym thread and take notes :) I do that every so often still.

Your not getting tight on the bar for deadlifts before you start the lift, and your back isn't neutral. You could do with your head being a little more neutral then it is, this is one of my bad habits to. As for the dead portion of the lift well your barely even tickling the floor between reps, you need to put the weight back on the ground and get tight on the bar again and go again, your currently doing touch & go. More to be said but watching the vid should help you out :)

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
KD

Firstly, put the weight down between each rep, reset and lift. A deadlift by nature should be lifted dead, not touch and go and definitely not even touching the floor at all.

Your initial setup isn't great - watch this :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-DJu0bEVPw

On the neg, push your hips back more.

Need to work on keeping the core tight and controlling your spinal position.

Caporegime
Just saying really mate, your lower back probably shouldn't be movibg like that in a normal situation let alone with a weight attached to it :p luckily you don't lift it in that position, just a point to note :)

Back
Top Bottom