***Gym Exercise Guide, and Form Discussion/Feedback***

Soldato
I think right before you begin to drive, or as you start to load your back there looks like there's a little bit of movement just below your scapula. I guess this will strengthen with time with your back. Looks tidy other than that.

Man of Honour
OP
^ comes from, in part, weakness in anterior core.

The fact that you managed to not throw your bar at that guy is remarkable.

Soldato
Any useful tips for delt recruitment during the OHP would be welcomed. I've always seemed to struggle. I use rippetoes method and move under the bar but perhaps there's room for improvement.

Caporegime
It was noticed last night that on my 240 and 250kg deadlifts that I was curling my toes quite tightly.
Normally I wear socks but last night I forgot them so it was full bare feet for me, so I'm unsure if i normally do this or not!

Is this bad/common/fixable/not a worry?
My thoughts are that it must have meant I was on the back of my feet rather than my toes, as that would have hurt, which must be a good thing?

Associate
Does that mean you were curling them up or down?

If the force is going through the rear of your foot or around midfoot then that is fine, if it is going through the front of your foot it aint great. Do you lose position by leaning forward when you pull?

Associate
I wouldn't immediately assume a problem but then I haven't seen you deadlift. If you are concern put a video up if not then just continue to make most of us look tiny :p.

Man of Honour
OP
Curling UNDER?! What is this witchcraft?

Possible nothing, but that's definitely strange, which could (often does) mean that there is something strange going on elsewhere.

Vids from the side?

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Going to have a play with my deadlift form tonight. Want to see what happens when I start higher - as in the position I normally move into when the bar leaves the floor.

Caporegime
Haha, when I say under they curl rather than come off the floor upwards :p
My right big toe doesnt curl at all due to a break some time ago that has fused it pretty much straight lol.

I have been trying a closer stance and grip this last few pulling sessions, so it could be related to that. I didn't notice it myself, and it didn't feel as if anything was wrong but the fact I did it made me think that it could be something somewhere being strange :D

I'll see about a vid next time :)

Have had a quick google and it appears a few sites advocate the curling of toes to help you get the weight to the back of the foot. Not heard or seen it before, so going to ignore them for now lol

Man of Honour
OP
Yeah lifting the toes is a good way to cue weight on the heels and posterior chain usage. Only as a training cue though. In general, more foot on the floor = more betterer

Caporegime
Yeah lifting the toes is a good way to cue weight on the heels and posterior chain usage. Only as a training cue though. In general, more foot on the floor = more betterer

I'm wondering if i did it subconsciously, knew it was heavy so told myself to get weight to the back and that was just my mental way of forcing it to happen. Hmm.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime

New form felt harder, but I think it looked better. Probably due to removing the initial move I normally do. Was thoroughly tired which made the weights feel heavier than they normally do.

Back
Top Bottom