***Gym Exercise Guide, and Form Discussion/Feedback***

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Well yes, but the idea is to be in a good position. For me that means holding onto something so I can keep my back neutral. Then I can attack various tight spots.

Caporegime
Well yes, but the idea is to be in a good position. For me that means holding onto something so I can keep my back neutral. Then I can attack various tight spots.

:)

Sometimes these things need to be clarified, otherwise someone will read it and squat like a troll :p

This is also good when your knee is voodoo'd too. Just dont do it for 10mins as your leg will probably fall off :p

:D:D:D

Associate
Hi all, thanks for the comments on the squats, it's strange that I feel like I'm really pushing my knees out but then when you watch the video I'm really not! Here's a deadlift clip, went for 110kg again this week after I didn't think my form at 115kg was very good...

(thanks for the embeding instructions mrthingyx)

e: oh and I only noticed the plates weren't clamped on after I'd done the set :rolleyes:

Soldato
I'm no expert but on the negative you're bending your knees as soon as the bar starts going down, rather than the hips going back so the bar comes down in a straight line then bending once it's past your kneecaps, which looks weird, since the negative should just be the lift done in reverse (unless you want to just drop it).

Associate
Thanks for the reply, I think the reason for that might be I was trying to avoid touching my knees, due to scabs that I have from footy the other week. Keep knocking the bloody (literally) things off.

Soldato
I never bother with collars, even for benching. Only thing I do use them for is any overhead work.

Bar wobble on deads or SLDL should be non existent really. The plates might move a bit if you're dropping/dumping the weight.

Ofc if you're Icecold and warming up to 'turn to dust' some sl00tz pelvis then collars might be useful.

Man of Honour
Jon33:

Chest up.
Shoulders back.
Double overhand you big baby... You are not keeping your underhand arm straight.
More hip drive (imagine pushing the bar up with your glutes).

Good work, however!

Back
Top Bottom