[H] issued team challenge for Citizen Science Grid

Soldato
Travis has found the problem and said...

Found it, it was an old credit multiplier I had in there from awhile back. Will take a little undoing but I should have things back to normal sometime tomorrow hopefully!

Just in time for the challenge :) I wonder if he'll amend everyone's score back to the correct value eventually, don't know how feasible that would be.

I will be sticking with DNA until it gets sorted out but I have found out that Subset on linux is the most productive on my machines. Credits are quite low for this project (when running properly), my machines do low 7000 ppd for dna & subset on windows, low 8000 ppd for subset on linux (VM) but dna on linux is very poor, all over the place, averaging out at around 5000 ppd.

Last edited:

PDW

PDW

Associate
Yes, it was a low scoring credit project, it took quite a while to get my first 100,000 in DNA last year.

I thought he was doing something last night as my Combined Credit wasn't increasing for quite a while whilst my individual ones were. Having checked this morning it still shows that I'm getting the 6.5 times increase for DNA results. I have got over 200,000 extra points in about 30 hours :eek:

It's doing wonders for the team position, last night's stats show we have moved up 24 spots this week :D
We were also the top team for output yesterday :D:D

Man of Honour
Bit of a late start but I'm crunching.

Seems we dropped down to 3rd.

I'm going to run all the science projects it gives out and not cherry pick

Last edited:
Soldato
We should overtake TSBC soon as their overinflated score seems to be the result of a large bunker, our production is very close to [H]'s but they have just overtaken us.

The Subset sub project can be ran on Android, I have my phone on it, performance per core runs quite well. I got no work available for DNA on it.

PDW

PDW

Associate
Travis has just posted that he has 'fixed' the credit scoring system. I think this means any DNA results validated now won't have the extra 6.5 times credit added to the Combined total. Shame he didn't manage to get it done before the start of the challenge :D

He also thinks there needs to be a discussion about the credit scoring for DNA@Home. I assumed he would just reset the combined credit back to the total of the sub-projects but I think he has had a multiplier that was meant to increase the DNA credit value before adding it to the DNA total and the Combined credit total.

Will need to wait for Travis to explain more.

Soldato
I assumed he would just reset the combined credit back to the total of the sub-projects

Looks like that's what he's done, I've dropped about 400,000 credits and my combined totals add up perfectly now. Not sure how the challenge stats are going to deal with it.

..our team has also dropped around 20 positions in the team stats to the correct position.

PDW

PDW

Associate
Looks like that's what he's done, I've dropped about 400,000 credits and my combined totals add up perfectly now. Not sure how the challenge stats are going to deal with it.

..our team has also dropped around 20 positions in the team stats to the correct position.

Looks like the challenge stats are flat-lining until an increase above the existing level is reached, makes for a bit of tension to see who pops up first :D
I know who my money is on :(

PDW

PDW

Associate
I may be able to a few cores later, are we still second in the challenge?

We don't know until teams start scoring more than the previously inflated scores that we had reached.

Am sure we will break past our 1.4million but it might take a few days :(

They have also run out of Subset work, that may be because Travis is away and not able to monitor and create new work or it could be we've done it all !

Back
Top Bottom